Home

DANGER!!! Have you guys seen this front page thread!?!?!?!

This is a discussion on DANGER!!! Have you guys seen this front page thread!?!?!?! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #33
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: DANGER!!! Have you guys seen this front page thread!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
ok, so good then, i was right...speaking as a ps3 owner anyway...so then the question is, since xbox is not on blu-ray yet...will developers ever develop utilizing the blu-ray's capacity?
The idea of the 360 ever getting a Blu-Ray drive is irrelevant. It's not like developers would suddenly switch 360 games to Blu-Ray, because it would ignore the largest group of owners who just have the standard DVD drive.

Will developers ever develop using Blu-Ray's capacity? I'm sure some will, but I'm nowhere near the industry, so I won't pretend to guess when it'll happen. Right now, with however they compress things to fit on discs, it all seems to fit pretty well on the 9 GB (someone correct me if I'm wrong) DVD discs. Blu-Ray's 50 GB capacity seems to be good for storing audio and video content. That's why Madden CE only had two discs instead of three. EA was able to fit the bonus DVD footage on the Madden disc itself.

I'm sure exclusive developers for PS3 games are already using more than DVD capacity, but for sports games from EA and 2K...they don't, probably because it makes good business sense to not have big differences between one game on two systems.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
The idea of the 360 ever getting a Blu-Ray drive is irrelevant. It's not like developers would suddenly switch 360 games to Blu-Ray, because it would ignore the largest group of owners who just have the standard DVD drive.

Will developers ever develop using Blu-Ray's capacity? I'm sure some will, but I'm nowhere near the industry, so I won't pretend to guess when it'll happen. Right now, with however they compress things to fit on discs, it all seems to fit pretty well on the 9 GB (someone correct me if I'm wrong) DVD discs. Blu-Ray's 50 GB capacity seems to be good for storing audio and video content. That's why Madden CE only had two discs instead of three. EA was able to fit the bonus DVD footage on the Madden disc itself.

Ok, I'm going to start a new thread on this and see if admin let's it fly.

I'm sure exclusive developers for PS3 games are already using more than DVD capacity, but for sports games from EA and 2K...they don't, probably because it makes good business sense to not have big differences between one game on two systems.
Thanks Smash, actually this is a pretty interesting topic and I"d love for the devs to chime in, but I don't know if starting a thread on this topic would be appropriate for a "sports" forum. But very interesting conversation!

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 09-12-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: sometimes you just have to say... wtf :cool:
Old 09-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #35
MVP

Ok, I started a blu-ray discussion thread to continue our convo...please post there!

Also, let's try and get this thread back on track so people go check out the front page poll and vote to keep HC independent!!!

It's a revolution!!

Go fill out the poll and represent. The thread asks about the future of HC and the majority says to SCRAP HC AND WORK SOLELY ON MADDEN....

What Should be the Future of NFL Head Coach?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
excuse my ignorance, but who is Peter Moore?
As of late last year, the new head of EA Sports.Mr Moore was head of the 360 launch, and also at one time the head of Sega Dreamcast.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #37
MVP

Old 09-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #38
MVP

okie, well last time i'm bumping this thread...been about a week now but if you haven't voted....please do!!

Unfortunately, integrating HC into Madden is the highest vote getter

Why doesn't anyone understand that you can't fit 2 lbs of insert your favorite item here in a 1 lb bag

Go fill out the poll and represent. The thread asks about the future of HC and the majority says to SCRAP HC AND WORK SOLELY ON MADDEN....

Old 09-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #39
MVP

I've decided to bump this again since the Integrate & scrap HC altogether voters are gaining

Please vote if you haven't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »