Home

So I appear to be unbiased...

This is a discussion on So I appear to be unbiased... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Overall, which part of Head Coach is the weakest/most unfulfilling?
Draft 1 1.33%
Front Office/Staff Management (hiring/firing coaches, GM responsibilies/actions, coaches info) 4 5.33%
Game AI (Logic during actual games and/or logic of other teams' actions during non-game events) 17 22.67%
Graphics 23 30.67%
Interface 1 1.33%
Playbook/Play Calling 18 24.00%
Player Management (Depth Charts, Player Info, Signing, Trading, Etc) 6 8.00%
Something Is Missing! 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #9
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: So I appear to be unbiased...

lol...I guess I'm the sole "something is missing" guy. I think what's missing is mostly from a presentation/immersion aspect (regular season...off season is very good). I would love to have options to edit my coaches' appearances over time and give press conferences. Maybe appear on the occasional show if you're doing particularly well or poor. Have staff meetings to take in suggestions on player performance (similar to what the original HC had, but actually tuned right).

I'd also like better presentation/interaction on the sidelines during gameplay (getting into it with players and refs, chatter with coaches, etc). I'd like to be in the locker room at halftime...make adjustments, chew out or praise the team, make a call on whether or not an injured player gets back on the field. Also I'd love to be able to create an entire staff, build them up as a team, and watch them either become valuable coordinators or move on and become head coaches...basically building your own little coaching tree.

This game is awesome, but that kind of stuff would put it over the top for me
Old 09-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I had to go with in game logic. I know there are other flaws but I just hate to see RB's not hit the hole and run through the holes that are called. I hate it when E.Graham gets the handoff and runs east and west. That is one of the issues that I have. EA needs to re work that aspect of the running game, maybe add some new animations for the running backs. If that part was fixed there would be no problem getting 3-4-5 yard carries on a dive play just by following the blocks.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

It is tough to say. I would say the slowdown and jerkiness between screens is a big let down.

playbook management also, i find it to be horrible, would have much rather have the madden based playbook design.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd say I'm also a "somethings missing" kind of guy. While I love the game, for me the weakest area is in the weekly prep. / gameplanning process. If I'm really the head coach why am I not the one who chooses which plays to practice during the week? I like the ease of use and the flow of the new games interface much better but I think HC 06 did a better job at giving you the ability to prepare your team for next weeks opponant.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassman
I'd say I'm also a "somethings missing" kind of guy. While I love the game, for me the weakest area is in the weekly prep. / gameplanning process. If I'm really the head coach why am I not the one who chooses which plays to practice during the week? I like the ease of use and the flow of the new games interface much better but I think HC 06 did a better job at giving you the ability to prepare your team for next weeks opponant.

Good point. I too, was a big fan of HC. I could see a middle ground though somewhere between having to practice as much as you did in 06 (it did get a little boring during the regular season) and having coordinators basically run the entire practice like they do in 09.

I would say that practice is where I most evaluated my players in training camp though and I do miss that!

Also, if they could have it work better, I'd like to see the weekly staff meeting come back and hear their evaluations...but you would have to be able to tell each position coach...these are the top 5 attributes we look for in this position along with learning and potential...because I always had position coaches storming out of the room because I kept changing their starting order to match my philosophy when they just went off OVR...lol and that was on a back-back superbowl team.

Seems like HC09 should be able to implement something like that much better. edit: err.. HC 09+ lol

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 09-18-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 10

I voted for Graphics...

However, I think after talking to a few members.....I would have voted for "something is missing". And that would be....to be able to play online...and not just fast sim as it is now. Would have loved to match up against most of the members on the board in a league....can u think of anything better than all of the junk talk on Monday after the games....and next weeks match ups.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

I picked Game AI. Tired of guys running out of bounds with tons of room up the sideline. Tired of guys running away from open holes. Tired of guys catching a wide open pass and doing some stupid little taunt which slows them down and gets them tackled. Tired of having Gore run 23 times for -22 yards every game. Hate throwing at a 70% clip and 300-400 yards every game. Also tired of sliders that don't work and hearing nothing on the subject.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #16
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherPrice
First off I love this game despite its flaws and design decisions. I play almost 8 hours a day.
My biggest issue is the AI and Sliders.

I play with the Raiders. With Kif an as a created coach J****s is just garbage. Even if I rebuild the line, get WR that are high learners, Productive, etc he still throws balls away when there are players WIDE OPEN. Scrambles before the play developes. Never throws it away etc.
Watched J Rus in person Sunday, the guy is abysmal!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »