Home

Kansas City Chiefs A Life Long Dream Came True Through His Son

This is a discussion on Kansas City Chiefs A Life Long Dream Came True Through His Son within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Kansas City Chiefs A Life Long Dream Came True Through His Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF
only problem is that if you were to look at your coaching career you have the exact same record as Herm Edwards. That is the one thing with this game that they didn't fix is that You do not start fresh you take over for the head coach, that is why your butt is on the hot seat.
I'm confused, did someone mention something about being on the hot seat because they used herm edwards as their coach or they did create a new coach and have herm edwards record history?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 10:28 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF
only problem is that if you were to look at your coaching career you have the exact same record as Herm Edwards. That is the one thing with this game that they didn't fix is that You do not start fresh you take over for the head coach, that is why your butt is on the hot seat.
Well I'm looking at the Coach Stats and it says 0 Wins and 0 Losses 0 Ties and 0 Win Pct, but yeah I am on the Hot Seat though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I'm confused, did someone mention something about being on the hot seat because they used herm edwards as their coach or they did create a new coach and have herm edwards record history?
Not sure
Old 09-21-2008, 10:30 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldGoat
Well I'm looking at the Coach Stats and it says 0 Wins and 0 Losses 0 Ties and 0 Win Pct, but yeah I am on the Hot Seat though.

Not sure

Well of course you're on the hot seat, we all start that way, every new coach starts on the hot seat...even when they're the owner of the team they coach
Old 09-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #28
Banned

Post Game Press Conference....
Chiefs - 12
Bears - 20

Reporter #1: How does it feel to get your first game over and done with.

Coach Logmans: Honestly, it feels quite good. I finally got my experience in and got caught up with the pace of the game. I was feeling nervous and had butterflies all night and as soon as I hit that field, especially a historic team such as the Bears where there is so much history. It felt really good. It felt right that I belonged.

Reporter #2: Can you explain why you lost tonight?

Logmans: That's a silly question, that deserves a silly answer. Jelly Beans. We lost because we didn't have enough jelly beans before the game. You know we settled for crap jelly beans instead of the legit Mike N Ike. So much flavor.

But in all seriousness, turnovers. We turned the ball over 5 times. You can't expect to make so many errors and win the ball game. They made us make mistakes and then they took advantage of our mistakes. We fumbled 3 times. That isn't acceptable and not that I am proud of. I know we lost, but the experience we gained was great.

It's only the first preseason game and all, but I felt the players are really feeling this new playbook. They just have to adapt a little more and not make mistakes. We all make mistakes and we all get more chances in life. I am proud of the defense, I believed we recorded 4 sacks in a new system. 2 coming from our rookies. But we only had gotten 1 turnover off them which didn't result to anything so we need to work on that.

We have to work on containing the running game, which ate us up. We stopped it early when our 1st string was in, but we still need to be able to stop it on all levels. We were allowing them to get into the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense. I didn't like it one bit. We couldn't adjust to their running attack. I am proud that our 1st string played well all around, but still. We need to be able to sub players in and rely on them for anything.

I will note that our running game really lacked today in every aspect. We had a nice couple of runs here and there but we weren't consistent. Our line wasn't opening up the holes we needed. LJ was pounding lineman to get his yards and everyone elese was being stopped in the backfield. But 2 of ours fumbles did come from the running game, which is unacceptable. We need to hang on to the ball. The run game has to improve from everybody.

Now after todays performance you may say we have a QB controversy on our hands. Actually we do, and I believe competition is the best way to make our players do best and I love the fact that 2 of the 4 QBs we have are rookies which excites me. Especially to also have a veteran in the mix. Josh Johnson our 4th round pick, I believe had our only TD of the game. He threw a pick but looked really good for a rookie. Andre Woodson we didn't get to see much because of that fumble which led to the end of the game. Damon Huard I was impressed by, 4 of 4 on 2 drives that ended short though. Croyle didn't impress me at all tonight. The one thing about me is I am brutally honest and do not sugar coat it for anything. I will talk to him though.

We didn't see much out of all the QBs only short bursts, but I will make a QB decision right now. Damon Huard will start the next game of preseason. That is that. Good night.

Stats:

Josh Johnson - 5/7, 65 yards, TD, INT
Damon Huard - 4/4, 49 yards
Andre Woodson - 2/3, 39 yards
Brodie Croyle - 2/7, 34 yards, INT

Larry Johnson - 11 att, 59 yards, 2 FUML
Derrick Ward - 4 att, 22 yards
Josh Johnson - 2 att, 18 yards
Felix Jones - 5 att, -2 yards

DeSean Jackson - 3 rec, 40 yards
Kellen Davis - 1 rec, 30 yards
Larry Johnson - 2 rec, 29 yards
Jabar Gaffney - 1 rec, 26 yards
Jeff Webb - 2 rec, 17 yards, FUML
Ryan Grice Mullen - 1 rec, 6 yards, TD

Patrick Surtain - 6 tackles, INT
Dre Moore - 2 tackles, 1 sack
Aqib Talib - 1 tackle, 1 sack
Tamba Hali - 5 tackles, 1 sack

Last edited by AnOldGoat; 09-21-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Well of course you're on the hot seat, we all start that way, every new coach starts on the hot seat...even when they're the owner of the team they coach
Yeah I know I was telling the dude that said about me having the same record as Hermie.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #30
Banned

Post game press conference...

Cardinals - 6
Chiefs - 16

Reporter #1: How does it feel to get your first win?

Coach Logmans: It feels really good. The first win is always the hardest to get. I just feel like all this hard work payed off. It feels really really great. All these guys work their tails off and it shows the on field today. Practice has never been better lately. I know it's only preseason and it doesn't mean much but to me it does. I get to see my players play their hearts out.

Reporter #2: What did you do differently this game then you did last week?

Logmans: We executed, its simply as that. We didn't make many mistakes and we capitalized on their mistakes. They made a couple of key penalties that helped us so we took advantage. We learned from mistakes, yeah it was a perfect or the prettiest game we ever had, we made some mental errors, but I really need the run game to get going. It is good with LJ in there but when we bring in other guys it seems blocking fails. I plan to see what happens as I will start rookie Felix next week and give LJ a little break from action. He will see some snaps but mostly Felix and Derrick will play. I wanna assess these guys in the offense more or less.

It's good to get a different core in there with the starting offensive line so we can really see how things go. I am very proud of my WR and QB today finding some holes, yeah we dropped a few passes but that always happens. The QB competition gets better every week and its exciting to see these guys compete. I will let the rookies play a little more next week and we may have a surprise starter.

Props goes to Dre, Dre put up what was it 3 sacks in the 2nd half, incredible. I am so proud of him. He is really learning the playbook. Rookie Aqib Talib had an interception off Leinhart I believe. That was impressive when rookies make plays. I love when rookies make big plays like this. Except more good things to come from this team. Really good things, I am very hopeful. Good night.

Damon Huard - 108.0 rating, 9/11, 109 yards
Andre Woodson - 87.5 rating, 6/10, 85 yards
Josh Johnson - 93.8 rating, 3/4, 28 yards

Felix Jones - 11 att, 19 yards, FUML
Larry Johnson - 7 att, 36 yards, TD, FUML

Jaymar Johnson - 3 rec, 52 yards
DeSean Jackson - 2 rec, 20 yards
Gaffney/Gonzalez/Grice Mullen/Bowe/Bryant/Allan - 2 rec each

Dre Moore - 3 tackles, 3 sacks
Aqib Talib - INT
Donnie Edwards - 4 tackles, FF, FR
Old 09-23-2008, 12:35 AM   #31
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Congrats on your first W!! However remember, the real Chiefs even won in the pre-season. It looks now like an 0-16 season may be in the cards. The state of Missouri could go 0-32 before its all said and done. To think I have the Royals to look forward to...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #32
Banned

Thanks, I'll do my best to make sure that doesn't happen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »