Home

Hardest team to be?

This is a discussion on Hardest team to be? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Hardest team to be?

I still say that Cleveland is the hardest team to be. You have horrible players making a ton of money like Shawn Rogers and Andre Davis, who you can't cut because the penalty will likely get you fired. They have probably the weakest secondary despite Shawn Jones being a decent strong safety. You don't really have any money to add any substantial free agents. To top it off, Cleveland doesn't have a draft pick until late in the 4th round, so you really cant even build in the draft.

Based on the ratings in the game, yes Cleveland has a decent offense with Derek Anderson at QB, Jamal Lewis at RB, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow to throw too, and a very nice left side of the o-line, but other then that this team is very weak. You add that with all the other factors I listed, and you get my reason why Cleveland is the hardest team to play with.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Make it harder on yourself by changing teams a lot.

Build up one and then move.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
Rookie

I just started a career with the Chiefs. I mean JUST started it. I began in preseason and just started the draft. I can tell you that the Chiefs, talent wise, are a wreck. They need upgrading everywhere except TE(obviously) and LOLB. They do have 2 things going for them though. The playbooks are awful but my thought is if you are rebuilding a team, most of those players won't be there/starting by year 3 so that is a non-factor. Bring in any one you want.
  1. 2 first round draft picks. Pick 5 and Pick 17. My strategy is make a defensive pick (Long or Rivers) with 5 and trade 17 for a first next year, hoping for a franchise QB.
  2. Not TOO many overpriced players. You start with a lot of cap room...but you'll need it.

Fatigue makes cowards of us all.
Vince Lombardi
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm going to start in the offseason, since I already know the potential of all the preseason guys and the last thing I want is another draft where I know pretty much every player.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316
I still say that Cleveland is the hardest team to be. You have horrible players making a ton of money like Shawn Rogers and Andre Davis, who you can't cut because the penalty will likely get you fired. They have probably the weakest secondary despite Shawn Jones being a decent strong safety. You don't really have any money to add any substantial free agents. To top it off, Cleveland doesn't have a draft pick until late in the 4th round, so you really cant even build in the draft.

Based on the ratings in the game, yes Cleveland has a decent offense with Derek Anderson at QB, Jamal Lewis at RB, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow to throw too, and a very nice left side of the o-line, but other then that this team is very weak. You add that with all the other factors I listed, and you get my reason why Cleveland is the hardest team to play with.

I'm doing Cleveland and I reached the playoffs after one decent draft...I supersim all my games btw
Old 10-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

and how about the way the browns played tonight knocking off Giants..hmm?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Makes me wish the Skins hadn't screwed up and lost to the Rams =/.

I did pull off a miraculous fantasy football win thanks to B.Edwards though =].
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock6822
I'm doing Cleveland and I reached the playoffs after one decent draft...I supersim all my games btw
Well its like I said, the team does have talent, its just overall they are a mess. Good players is all they have going for them, but the lack of draft picks, the last of salary cap room, and the HUGE contracts to horrible players that you are stuck with all make them a very hard team to play with. Talent wise, of course they are not the worse team, but overall situation, well Cleveland is the only team without a draft pick in the top 100, which makes it a unique challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I NEVER said that the Browns weren't a good team in real life. I live in Cleveland and watch all the Browns games and this is the first game the Browns played anywhere near the way they should be playing. My problem with the Browns in the game has a lot to do with the fact that the game underrates many of the Browns players. Shawn Rodgers is I believe rated 77 in the game, and he sure as hell is much better then that. There are lots of examples like that with the Browns players being underrated.

I havent downloaded a roster update, so im not sure what they are rated now, but if the Browns were rated like they should have been from the start it would be a much different situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »