Home

Who is Killing your Teams Salary Cap

This is a discussion on Who is Killing your Teams Salary Cap within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Who is Killing your Teams Salary Cap

I've got so many on the Viks, that I can't list them all. The one that sticks out is my TE rated like 68 who makes 2 mil a year. I can't release him due to the salary hit...something like 4 mil. Then I got a FS that is the same way. Both these guys I'am stuck with for at least 2 more years.

So who is it that is killing you, he's not good enough to play, or cann't cut him.

Last edited by Purplepower; 10-13-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Who is Killing your Teams Salary Cap

Dre freakin' Bly! That guy is so overpaid. I wish the Broncos would get rid of him in real life too. Daniel Graham in HC is killing me as well.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Bobby Carpenter Cowboys LB. Like a million plus bonus for 67 rated player.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

A. Randle El makes a ridiculous amount for a 76 rated WR with no upside. I only use him as my KR2. But his bonus is too big to cut him.

S.Moss, J.Campbell, and L.Landry all make around $8-9million but they are worth it.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

JaMarcus Russell. Like six years, 60 million, and only good enough to be a backup.

Terdell Sands is a distant second.

There are players you can play, who take up huge cap. Tommy Kelly. DeAngelo Hall.

I always release and resign Asomugha -- I can usually get him for 6 years at 8.3 million a year. Worth every penny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 12

With the 49ers it was Alex Smith. I forget exactly how much he was making, but it was too much, whatever it was. Six years and 50 million or something. You would have to take about a 12 million dollar penalty if you cut him when you first take over the team. And the problem with him was his injury rating. Injury rating of 45 I think it was. I never once had him make it through all 4 quarters of a game without being injured. So as a result he would never learn the playbook and because of that he was utterly useless. In 4 seasons as the Niners head coach, I had him sitting on the bench as a third stringer the entire time. Yes, he wasn't even worthy of the second string position because of being so injury prone.

On the Bengals it's actually Ocho Cinco. When I took over the Bengals they had a Power Running offensive scheme, which I was excited about as it's a nice change of pace from the Spread offense I was running in San Fran. The thing is though, Ocho Cinco has a massive contract, and we don't really throw the ball enough to make it worth having a 10 million dollar receiver. I would rather take that money and add depth to the offensive line or something. I would just let his contract expire but the owner keeps wanting me to re-sign him. I think he's probably going to retire soon anyway. TJ Whoseyourmama is retiring after the current season so I'm guessing Ocho Cinco might be soon.

Last edited by sixtydashone; 10-13-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRaider
JaMarcus Russell. Like six years, 60 million, and only good enough to be a backup.

Terdell Sands is a distant second.

There are players you can play, who take up huge cap. Tommy Kelly. DeAngelo Hall.

I always release and resign Asomugha -- I can usually get him for 6 years at 8.3 million a year. Worth every penny.
I'm playing the raiders too and I would love to get rid of russell. he's not my style of qb but his salary is ludicrous. i may still drop him like he's hot though i have to see how my cap is looking at the end of the year and how many high draft picks i end up with
Old 10-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

1st time poster, long time reader. ;D

For my Chiefs, it depends if I redo the preseason or not.

Larry Johnson murders 20 mil cap bonus.

Alphonso Boone 2 mil cap hit.
Ron Edwards 2 mil cap hit. Both are a couple of sub 77 defensive tackles. Bleh.

Hate to say it, Gonzo. In Feb, he's got one year left on a reasonable contract and you can get Atlanta's #3 for him. Afterwards, it's a good 4-5 mil hit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »