Home

Raiders Dynasty

This is a discussion on Raiders Dynasty within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Raiders Dynasty

I just got this game, and decided to make a thread on my raiders franchise so you guys can help me along the way. Right now im just about to play the 49ers in preseason week 1, so ill just recap the offseason.

i created a traditionaist coach, since im a run the ball, you win in the trenches, type of guy. I created an offensive and defensive playbook. my offense is an edited version of the west coast. i took out all of the shotgun plays. i have iform and singleback. mostly inside runs and short passes. i have a good amount of outside counters/sweeps and PA passes. very few deep passes. My defensive playbook is an edit of the tampa 2. my only blitzes are from the goal line, and i have about 50-50 man and zone.

i upgraded level 5 for physical abilities for offensive and deffensive linemen. i got level 3 for HB intangibles, and have 3500 pts left. i wanna get to 5000 and upgrade to level 4.

first off, this is my team philosophy.
QB-field general.
RB-workhorse
FB-blocking
WR-quick/route
TE-balanced
OL-all of them are run block
DE-undersized speed rusher
DT-one gap
LB-all of them are coverage
CB-balanced
FS-centerfielder
SS-coverage
K and P are both power

I cut ALOT of people to start off. this team has too many overpayed bums. sucks to be a raiders fan nowadays. i cut
lamont jordan
dominic rhodes
robert thomas
justin griffith
terdell sands
cooper carlisle
janikowski(this pained me as hes my favorite current raider, but 2m for a kicker is way too much imo)
gerrard warren
robert gallery
jake grove
tony stewart
sam williams
stuart schweigert
jay richarsen
chris morris
john bowie
john madsen
hiram eugene
chris mcfoy
ricky brown

also i didnt tender nmandi since i needed the cap room for my planned FA aquisitions

in FA, i signed a big name RT,RG,C, and LG. also signed fs gibril wilson, and moved huff to ss. i moved mark wilson, the RT, to LT, where he is an 84 overall with an 86 or 88 potential(bad eyesight, and dont feel like walking up to the tv now)
RT jordan gross 5 year 38 mil
RG stacy andrews 5 year 27 mil
C Jake Scott 4 year 23 mil
LG alan faneca 5 year 43 mil

i plan to cut faneca and scott down the line, as i only signed them for a 2-3 year fix. so i need a young G and C to hopefully replace them. i made sure to give a low bonus so that their slary would exceed the penaty. also, gibril wilson had a 5 year 10.5 mil deal, which is a steal imo for an 82, with the way players are rated in this game. irl al just had to sign him to like a 50 mil contract

i traded andrew walter to the 'boys for pick 158, in the 5th round

Draft recap
first off, lemme do the trades i did.
traded the 4th overall for the boys for 22, 28, and 2(61)
traded 22 to the lions for 2(45), 4(108) and 5(139)
traded 2(61) to the bucs for 3(83) and 5(148)
traded 4(108), 5(148), and 7(198) to the pats for 3(94)
traded 4(101) and 6(163) to the phins for 4(97)
traded 5(139) to the ravens for 6(167) and an 09 7th. i think i got ripped off here, but no one that i wanted was avaiable unless it was a major reach

1(28) HB rashard mendenhall. i scouted him and he had a 89 potential.
2(13) RE calais campbell. i needed Dline help and he had no negatives.
3(19)DT dre moore. i actually wanted andre fullen who was picked one spot ahead. settled for moore. probably will rotate in as the 3rd string this year.
3(30)WR Harry douglas. need wr help. again, he wasnt my first choice. andre caldwell got picked 2 slots ahead. i traded up since after him there was no wr i really wanted
4(1)G mike mcglynn. hope he can replace faneca down theroad.
5(30)C john sullivan. ditto for him. want him to start next year, since i really overpayed for scott.
6(7)QB alex brink. low round sleeper? probably a cut. but who knows, jamarcus is an atrocious 58 with only 78 potential.
7(19) DE Tommy blake. you have no idea how surprised i was to see him in this game. he was a potential top5 pick irl before the season, but he had some depression issues. i think he actually quit football, or no one wanted to take a chance on him. i think i got a steal, as long as he doesnt retire early.

i didnt know there were undrafted FAs in this game, actually wasnt even expecting it. and i liked the really hectic feel to it
i got
TE mike peterson-compared to antontio gates
TE keith zinger-a blocking TE? he had some blocking positives
OLB david vobora-as of then i had 0 LOLBs, and he was mr.irrelevant irl.
SS chris horton-a beast irl. if hes good in game, i might cut wilson and move huff back to FS
DT barry booker-i need more dt depth. probably a cut though

in the first day of training camp, i traded an 2010 3rd and 2010 4th for DE elvis dumervil, who is an 88.

gonna start the game now. my first game, so ill just tinker with some strategies and stuff like that.

Last edited by JustWinBaby; 10-26-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Raiders Dynasty

ok, halftime update.

im leading 31-14, but the game is actually pretty close.deangelo hall returned a kickoff for a TD, and has been solid in coverage, making me rethink abotu cutting him. although jamarcus has great stats, hes playing prettty inconsistently, and is beign bailed out by some great catches by harry douglas and miller. my defensive line is getting a tremendous amount of pressure, and ive caused a few turnovers.

Russel: 7/11 for 78 yards and a TD
Mendenhall: 10 rushes for 45 yards
Fargas:8 rushes for 6 yards and a TD. he better improve if he wants to stay on the team.
Douglas:2 receptions for 28 yards
Miller: 2 receptions fof 23 yards and a TD
Thomas Howard:1 tackle, 1 INT, 1 deflection
Kirk Morrison:2 tackes, 1 INT TD, 2 deflections
Burgess:1 tackle, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 3 hurres
Bake:3 tackles(all special teams i think), TFL, sack, hurry
calais campbell:5(!) hurries-hes only played 10 or so snaps. very impressed with him
dumervil:nothing. havent noticed him at all. hopefully its an offday since i gave up alot for him. he should rebound with that 88 rating of his
tommy kelly:2 deflections, TFL, hurry. his deflections were impressive. hes playing good, and should keep it up. im either cutting him or deangleo hal because there overpaid. but if they play good im keeping them. cant cut both of them b/c of the cap penalty
dre moore:i let him start, and he has 2 sacks. both of them were coverage sacks though.
barry bookerlaying OK. he has no stats, but ive noticed him.
darwin walker:training camp vet, he has a few TFLs.

49ers:
Harrington-9/22 for 153 yards, 2 TD and 2 INT
Gore:8 rushes for 50 yards. hes either hit or miss, with a huge gain or a TFL.

im not gonna post stats for the 2nd hafl since its all backups,probably just summarize it

so far, stunts seem to be the most effective way for me to put pressure. and zones as a whole are working out better than man-to-man cvg.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

i won 38-28. my defensive line really sucked with my 2nd and 3rd stringers. turns out that campbell and blake have really low staminas, and their backups are good run stuffers, but bad pass rushers.

some thoughts
-mike mcglyn played amazing in the 2nd half when he started. domenick williams had 9 rushes for 70 yards.1 60 yard TD cames from behind mcglynn. he pushed over the DT, and then got a LB and safety at once(looked more like a glitch, but ill take it). however he sucks at pass blocking, giving up 2 sacks

-the left side of my oline has no depth. my backups there are mediocre, despite their high 70s rating. or it could just be a bad day for them

-chris horton is a beast. 3 interceptions that were fed off from campbell and blake collapsing the pocket. i think i might have to start him at SS and move huff back to FS. gibril wilson might haveto be cut, or he can be a high priced backup or maybe a move to corner.

-i need rb depth. williams sucked besides that one run, and fargas was really bad. michael bush had one carry for 13 yards, but got injured. if hes out for a while, ill need to scout the waiver wire for a back. I also need a speed back since fargas isnt that great. mendenhall is a great power runner, but he has low stamina and he is very bad on outside counters/sweeps. i think i should have picked up ray rice when he fell halfway into the 3rd round. wasnt expecting fargas to be this bad. hopefully he can rebound

-alex brink showed some great potential in the 4th quarter. although he was only 2 for 11. all of his passes were on target despite the pressure and him throwing off his back foot. all of the training camp rookie WRs dropped passes left and right. it was ridiculous

-tim hassleback and jamarcus russel are both in a position battle now. hassleback is a 58 with 58 potential, and russel isa 56 with 78 potential. the only good thing about russel is that he can break sacks with ease. most of his yards came from YAC.

i had a ton of injuries in the game

-TE zinger
-TE peterson
-RB bush
-C sullivan
-LOLB coakley
-LOLB scanlon

speaking of LOLBs, mine suck. but i dont want to trade any more draft picks away, since ive already given a 2010 3rd and 2010 4th for dumervil. my highest is coakley, who is a 67. i need to either pick up a FA(unlikely, i only have 3 mil in cap space) or wait until the next draft.

Last edited by JustWinBaby; 10-25-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
Rookie

sullivan is out for 4-5 months. i decided not to IR him since he might be back for the last few weeks of the season. zinger is out 4-5 weeks. everyone else is just dinged up and should be ready for the next game.

i also made a few FA changes. i signed FB mike sellers and released my current FB orien(sp?). i released justin fargas and added RB julius jones, who is now my backup over mike bush. and i signed MLB fowler and released OLB scanlon. when i changed fowler from mlb to lolb, he went down from a 77 to a 73.

also unlocked a few potentials for some rooks. calais campbell has a 92 potential, as does my QB alex brink. WR harry douglas has an 87. UDFA barry booker has a 78, so i might keep him as my 4th DT or as an inactive 5th. mendenhall had an 89, but i knew that from the workout. dre moore has an 87, so i made him the starter over kelly. i also signed DT darwin walker and cut a rookie QB. walker is now my 3rd DT. TE zinger only had a potential of 50, but im gonna change my philosophy to blocking and see what his potential is there. if its still low hes cut.

made a few more depth chart changes. i changed dumervill to LE, and have blake backing him up. derrick burgess is now backing up calais campbell at RE.

also got lvl4 for rb intangibles

gonna play the week 2 game against Tennesee soon. eiter tonight or tommorow. if not then, ill have to wait until next friday night.

Last edited by JustWinBaby; 10-28-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
Rookie

i never got to play the game today as i was watching the games, so ill try to finish the preseason next friday and saturday, and maybe start the regular season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am a Raiders fan too, but I had some different things I usually do.

I went with a Captain coach, topped out performance, and took QB physical development, intangible development, and play learning to level 3. Offense I went with the Patriots Air Strike, and defense Jags Physical D.

I go with balanced players at most positions. Speed at WR, Routes/Hands TE, Workhorse HB, Field General QB. For D, CF FS, Smart/Productive SS. Man coverage CB, of course.

I did not immediately cut people who could be realistic backups, so I kept:

Robert Thomas
Justin Griffith (I keep 2 FB)
Janikowski (how could you cut Jano!)
Robert Gallery
Stuart Schweigert (he is backup FS, better at FS anyway)
Jay Richardson

Keeping them let me sign Nnamdi.

My free agent signing went the same direction as yours:

LT Flozell Adams
LG Stacey Andres
RG Ben Noll
C Jeff Faine

My Draft: (I only got Dallas' two firsts and a next-year fourth, and traded out of those. Used some of next year's picks too)

RB Felix Jones (R2)
RB Ray Rice (R2)
QB Andre Woodson (R3)
RT John Greco (R3)
DT Dre Moore (R3)
WR Harry Douglas (R4)
WR Mario Mannheim (R4)
SS Craig Steltz (R4)
DT Ataya Rubin (R7)
SS Kelin Johnson (R7)

Nobody who I picked as a rookie free agent made the team.

Also, prior to training camp, I made some signings at FB, QB (I traded Walter also), CB (I traded Chris Johnson), C, HB, WR (only Curry left)

I am hoping that Greco can get up to speed in 1 year, because that's the deal on Flozel.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Pro

JustWinBaby,

I am definitely interested in seeing how your franchise turns out, because I am also a big Raiders fan, but in my franchise I did things differently. I maxed out performance on my created coach, and it has done really well for me, as players with average attributes are outproforming their numbers. I think you should look into ungrading that in the future when you get developement pts.

As far as the cuts you made, alot of those I did the same, but how could you afford to cut Gallery (who is servicable- I think he is an 84 in my franchice) and Gerrard Warren (although, I don't blame you, he maxes out at 75 I think) with their high bonuses? They are each so overpaid, but have such ridiculously high bonuses, so that must have given you alot of cap penalties.

There were a couple important moves I think you need to make- either trade for a WR or pick one up in FA if they are still available, because the Raiders def need help in that respect. In FA, I got Stallworth (22 mil/4 years, 88 pot as a speed WR) and traded for Sinorice Moss from the Giants (they actually offered it to me, and only wanted a 2009 4th rounder in return- 91 pot as a speed WR)

These might be against people's "house rules" because its unrealistic, but I traded a 2009 1st and 5th rounder for Umenyiora from the Giants, and I got away with murder trading a 2010 2nd, 3rd and Michael Pittman (he was my 3rd string RB I got in FA) for Anquan Boldin. Both of these players have a yearly salary of 3-4 mil, and they still have 3 years on their contracts.

I also still drafted McFadden at #4, but you def got good value for your trades. In my year first draft, I only had the 4th overall pick, then a 5th, two 6th and a 7th... I pulled an Al Davis and improved through trades and FA. Unfortunately, besides McFadden, I only kept a 5th round OLB and an undrafted SS who surprised me, then cut the 2 6th rounders (LT and DT) and 7th rounder (WR). McFadden is a beast however (right now hes a 92 ovr halfway through the season and a 97 pot)

As far as your philosophy for QB being a "field general" JaMarcus isn't going to do you any good. I have him as a "Strong Arm/Tools QB" as my philosophy and halfway through the season he's an 81 overall with 86 potential- good enough for now. He gets about 250 yds/game, but he's under 50% completion (I guess like in real life lol)

He's only my short term solution, because he's too much of a cap penalty to get rid of, and he's the best I have this season, without spending on an early rounder- I plan to use him this year and next, then possibly in year 3 draft a sleeper QB in a later round to groom as my franchise guy, eventually benching Russell til his contract expires.

Good luck man, and I'll keep an eye out for your updates.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
JustWinBaby,

As far as your philosophy for QB being a "field general" JaMarcus isn't going to do you any good. I have him as a "Strong Arm/Tools QB" as my philosophy and halfway through the season he's an 81 overall with 86 potential- good enough for now. He gets about 250 yds/game, but he's under 50% completion (I guess like in real life lol)
only problem is that i have maybe 5 deep passes in my playbook. i have mostly short passes, so i need a pure passer/field general for that. and my 6th round Qb alex brink has a 92 potential as a field general, so i might start him next year.

anyways, im at halftime vs. the titans. im down 9-3, although by defense is playing terrific. desean jackson has burned me with 3 receptions for 110 yards, all on deangelo, and deangelo also fumbled a punt at the 10 yard line, but i held them to a FG. and jamarcus is stinking up the joint.
like last time, ill only post the stats for the 1st half since imo 2nd half stats dont matter since its all backups.

and one other thing, is that going into the season, im probably gonna start based on production instead of ovr rating. so even though deangelo hall is my highest rated cb, he is either cut/traded or my nickel, from how hes played so far.

Russel:3/14 for 37 yards and a INT
Mendenhall:8 rushes for 40 yards
julius jones:3 rushes for 16 yards
zach miller:3 catches for 37 yards(all on the TE shake play)
calais campbell:3 tackles, 2 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 hurries
dumervil:sack, hurry
blake:sack, hurry
burgess:2 hurries
dre moore and tommy kelly havent done anything statwise, but are clogging up the middle, forcing lendale white and VY to bounce outside, giving my LBs a ton of tackles. the titans have -2 net rushing yards right now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »