Home

To the new guys who've recently bought this game...

This is a discussion on To the new guys who've recently bought this game... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
To the new guys who've recently bought this game...

Many of us have been enjoying this game since August and have had a lot of interesting questions and discoveries... the cool thing for you guys is that all those questions have been saved by the website.

I highly recommend spending some time scrolling through... don't get me wrong, there is a lot of crap but there is also some gold not to mention posts from the actual programmers. Beware of spoilers though. It is a nice archive.

Try not to be discouraged if you have a question and nobody replies to it... there aren't as many people checking the site as often as there was at the launch of this game but chances are it has been asked before and possibly resolved. Happy gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 05:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: To the new guys who've recently bought this game...

This site is a goldmine for information on HC, and it's actually the reason why I initially registered here. I had been posting on the HC gamefaqs board and somebody mentioned this site, I came here and the amount of info was extremely helpful, especially with a game as in-depth as HC is. I was actually reading these forums for almost a full week before I even got my copy of HC. Definitely learned a ton of stuff that I either never would have figured out on my own or would have taken me forever to figure out. Josh's "feature breakdown" posts are a must-read for anybody new to the game imo.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtydashone
This site is a goldmine for information on HC, and it's actually the reason why I initially registered here. I had been posting on the HC gamefaqs board and somebody mentioned this site, I came here and the amount of info was extremely helpful, especially with a game as in-depth as HC is. I was actually reading these forums for almost a full week before I even got my copy of HC. Definitely learned a ton of stuff that I either never would have figured out on my own or would have taken me forever to figure out. Josh's "feature breakdown" posts are a must-read for anybody new to the game imo.
i've actually done the same thing, i dont have the game or a system yet but i will in the next couple weeks
Old 12-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Absolutely do not hesitate to post questions...but do go ahead and thumb through a few pages of the posts here first as you might find a whole thread already on what confuses you.

No one will tell you to RTFM here because the manual is non-existent.

I do however recommend as part of your purchase that you get the excellent Prima strategy guide for this game. I've been playing since August and have mastered the interface, but I still have referred to the guide every once in awhile for this and that, and it's valuable for setting up your head coach.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I just bought this game last week, and I must say I'm disappointed by the terrible frame rate. Is there a certain camera angle to get rid of it. The way the players move is terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I just bought this game last week, and I must say I'm disappointed by the terrible frame rate. Is there a certain camera angle to get rid of it. The way the players move is terrible.
I use Broadcast...IMO, it's the best overall view of the action, and seems to perform as well as it can.

It's not a smooth flowing engine because of all the math going on under the hood. There's a lot more at work here than Madden physics and AI. This game is actually SMART LOL.

Enjoy, and let us know if you have any questions.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had the same issues trying to find a good camera angle. I will try the Broadcast angle again but i have been using the Overhead angle...mainly just because that was what i got used to.

Excellent point about the Prima Guide!!! I have not purchased it...but there is not a game that goes by were i think "I wish i had that damn thing!"... i'm just lazy plus there have been some really generous gamers that post some of the info from that guide.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

If you are playing HC on the 360 download it to your harddrive, the new NXE allows you to do this. The game loads what it needs much faster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »