Home

SCREEN PASSES...TROUBLE ANY1

This is a discussion on SCREEN PASSES...TROUBLE ANY1 within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: SCREEN PASSES...TROUBLE ANY1

I have tried screens in madden and ncaa...as well as hc and the screen option is almost never open. However...if I tired to throw downfield and override the called play it would work. But if I let the ai do it the qb holds the ball until either he gets sacked or he throws it in the face of a d-lineman. I also found that if I move the screen reciever then the play will work. I think it is just a glitch in the way the games are programmed since it happens in every ea football game I have played.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

It seems hit or miss for me. I think it has a lot to do with your QB's ability to read the field and all...

It seems like newer franchises with new playbooks and all.. the QB has a hard time making the correct read to the back and getting rid of the ball fast enough. Half the time I end up taking a sack, but sometimes he gets the ball out and i get a decent gain out of it.

I've had the most success with screens out of the shotgun
Old 03-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #11
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I wonder if it matters what the qb philosophy is along with the offense philosophy. I have vertical passing with a field general. I might change that tonight and see what happens. I love a good screen pass...but want to throw the controller at the tv when the qb throws an interception on one...or even worse...throws it as a lateral that the back misses and is recoverd and run in for a td (had that happen 3 times in 2 games)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 06:29 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
if I tired to throw downfield and override the called play it would work. But if I let the ai do it the qb holds the ball until either he gets sacked or he throws it in the face of a d-lineman. I also found that if I move the screen reciever then the play will work. I think it is just a glitch in the way the games are programmed since it happens in every ea football game I have played.
I have just experimented with this. before i choose a screen pass, i move the primary WR/RB(the player recieving the pass) just a bit. An inch...really. I keep them right where they are, but i move them up an inch, or back an inch, or left or right an inch. U get it by now. but the 4 times that i have tried it, im 4-for-4. IT WORKS. THE QB DOESNT GET SACKED, AND THE PLAY IS FOR POSITIVE YARDS. SO I GUESS ITS JUST A GLITCH IN THE GAME. BUT I WILL CONTINUE TO TRY IT, AND I WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only success I've ever had with screens is to the the RB, out of the shotgun. I don't even bother with any others anymore. I'd love to just dump them out of my playbook but I can't delete offensive plays without freezing my game.

Zakk.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakk Topps
The only success I've ever had with screens is to the the RB, out of the shotgun. I don't even bother with any others anymore. I'd love to just dump them out of my playbook but I can't delete offensive plays without freezing my game.

Zakk.
Have you tried to edit the play when the play editor comes up? I don't even know if it would work but I was thinking about doing this and just changing it to a different play entirely. Anybody know?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:37 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm pretty sure that will just create another play leaving the original as well. I don't know how to actually edit the original play.

Zakk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 02:53 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 26

I can run a shotgun screen to the wr pretty well...

Z... xxxxxY... X

........AB........ (note: dots are for spacing purposes)

...in that formation. X gets the ball

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »