Home

Players who are always injured

This is a discussion on Players who are always injured within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Players who are always injured

What are your thoughts on retaining players who are always injured?

I have Winslow who...after an injury last year...never gets above 78% on health and Lewis who never gets above 80%. I also have a DT who is the same way.

If I try to practice them they get worse...so to have them available for game day I have to keep them inactive all week.

I got Lee as my trainer this time around and hoped that would help...but so far no change. I am getting ready to play the first pre-season game...but I dont think it is good if they are injured on the 1st day of camp and dont get any better.

Should I try to trade them in the last year of their contracts...or keep them as long as they are producing on game day?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Players who are always injured

If they're never on the field due to injuries, then they can't produce. I'd trade them while they still have trade value, provided they don't have a mega bonus or anything.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

I got a heck of a set of goals at the beginning of last season because of this...

I had to increase a player's knowledge to 25% plus play him and another play for 50 plays...but they were both hurt the 2nd day of camp and were out until the 2nd week of the season...

I think I am going to watch them during the game...but I will need to try and find a new te...I am in the zaz draft...2nd year and not having much luck with my draft picks...my gm is awful and he cant scout anything so I am going to have to wing it this year...

My rb situation isnt too bad if I trade lewis...I will see what happens with him as well.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

I would trade them away for picks/better players depending on what you see in the draft or could possibly pick up from another team. If they never see the field then whats the point of having them on your roster?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

Some players rarely train IRL anyway. If they are productive put up with it, otherwise ship em
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #6
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

I am stuck with them...I checked the cap numbers and take big hits on both. The ironic thing is they are both hurt and their back-ups are putting up impressive numbers. So it looks like as soon as the penalty doesnt kill my cap I am going to trade both. Winslow costs me 6 mil and Lewis 4.5.

My dt is the same...You have to wonder about some of the contracts these guys got...hey...pay me 2 mil a year to sit the bench...I will even go in and get hit once every couple of weeks to make it wortht their money...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »