Home

Glitch - Please bench all your stars

This is a discussion on Glitch - Please bench all your stars within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Glitch - Please bench all your stars

I've played a few draft paths and completed a few full seasons.

Last night, after pre-season and before the start of the regular season, I got a "Youth Movement" request.

Bench L.T. for Kenrick House. L.T. Overall 94, production 95... best RB in the game. Uh, no Mr. GM,... not benching L.T.

Slight ratings hit for not obeying the GM.

And then it went gonzo.

Everyone who made the Pro Bowl last year (I think I had seven of them) I got a Youth Movement for.

Bench your best Offensive Lineman Overall 97, production 98 for a rookie at Overall 81 and production 2.

On and on it went. My best guess is I got 10-12 "requests" from the GM and not one of them made sense. I lost about 20 approval. I'll earn that back so I'm not worried but really Mr. GM, bench every star I have for an unknown rookie or washed up vet? The benchings that would have made sense, he never suggested.

I haven't touched my sliders or changed my philosophy and this is in year 3. It's never happened before.

Anyone else have this happen or have some insight? Did my GM borrow some $$$ from all these rookies high profile agent and this is a kickback? What gives?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Glitch - Please bench all your stars

My vote is for the kickback option...

I have had 3 of them in a row...but never more than that. However...that happened before I had the patch...since then I have only had 1 at a time.

Can you restart from before then and see if it does it again?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
My vote is for the kickback option...

I have had 3 of them in a row...but never more than that. However...that happened before I had the patch...since then I have only had 1 at a time.

Can you restart from before then and see if it does it again?
Nope. I only do one season at a time so I use the quick save and I don't want to cheat and know in the back of my mind that I could always reload from a previous save. I want to take the punches as they come.... but come on. A dozen requests to bench your best talent? *sigh*

And yes, I'm fully patched and have played roughly 30 full years and this has never happened. I might have to fire my 99 GM on principal this year.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntoatmeal
Nope. I only do one season at a time so I use the quick save and I don't want to cheat and know in the back of my mind that I could always reload from a previous save. I want to take the punches as they come.... but come on. A dozen requests to bench your best talent? *sigh*

And yes, I'm fully patched and have played roughly 30 full years and this has never happened. I might have to fire my 99 GM on principal this year.

I was like that until I was supersimming a game and my whole d-line went down with injuries Everyone had a season ending injury. It was not easy getting 2 de's and 3 dt's in the middle of the season. I like to let the chips fall where they may...try to keep it realistic...but I had to tell myself this is a random game so I always save before a game now in case the ai goes wacky on me.

I think you are right...this may be a case of getting a new gm...even tho a good one is hard to find
Old 04-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

You must have alot of veteran starters and rookie backups?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Chris_Staymates's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
You must have alot of veteran starters and rookie backups?
I woudl second that. How old are your starters and what is the age gap between them and your rookies? Your GM may be looking at the upside of your rookies compared to the longevity of your current starters.

Just a suggestion though. The last time I saw anything like that was when it was being implemented.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Staymates
I woudl second that. How old are your starters and what is the age gap between them and your rookies? Your GM may be looking at the upside of your rookies compared to the longevity of your current starters.

Just a suggestion though. The last time I saw anything like that was when it was being implemented.
This is the situation. Mostly rookies with 87-90 potential waiting in the wings. I tend to get the rookies some garbage time each year. My problem with this is the older all-star level guys are all performing at a high level. Production grades are in the 80-99 range. I've never scratched my head when the GM suggests a change when the current starter is having an unproductive year (0-75 production range) and there is a star-in-the-making on the bench. Bench a healthy, Pro Bowl, yardage league leading L.T.? No. No way. Not happening.

L.T. is getting up there in age. His backup is ~4 yrs younger. Some of the other stars are in their late 20's and in their primes.

If there is something causing my GM to flake it might be that my Trainer is poor so many of my guys are week-to-week and get held out of pratice but they still produce on game day.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Chris_Staymates's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntoatmeal
If there is something causing my GM to flake
So here is probably whats going on. Your GM is looking at your veteran starters who are performing at a high level and comparing that against the level that your rookies/second string could be playing at if they had the time on the field. He is probably "thinking" to himself: not that far off.

Then he is probably comparing what you are paying the veteran guys to what you are paying the rookies and 2nd year guys and coming to the conclusion that he can put a product on the field, with minimal impact to performace, while spending a lot less money.

Now, I don't know if this is the case or not, but I'd check your salary info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »