Home

Roster Question from a "Best Buy Noob"

This is a discussion on Roster Question from a "Best Buy Noob" within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Roster Question from a "Best Buy Noob"

Haha, I think we'll need a category for people who didn't initially want this game, but bought it now because "I saw it at Best Buy for only $10". I played the 2006 HC and was pretty disappointed, but figured "what the heck..."

Question: Are there roster updates within the game through the end of the season? If so, is anyone on the community working on one with new draft picks? Are they the same as Madden roster files?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Chris_Staymates's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Roster Question from a "Best Buy Noob"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Haha, I think we'll need a category for people who didn't initially want this game, but bought it now because "I saw it at Best Buy for only $10". I played the 2006 HC and was pretty disappointed, but figured "what the heck..."

Question: Are there roster updates within the game through the end of the season? If so, is anyone on the community working on one with new draft picks? Are they the same as Madden roster files?

Thanks.
Thanks for picking the game up and giving it a try. When I was at Best Buy on Sunday I made sure and put all the Head Coach copies up the top of the stack so people would buy 'em. $10 bucks is a steal (IMHO) but as long as people are playing it, I'm cool.

To answer your question, I believe the last roster update that our Lead Designer did was around mid-September...I'm sure one of the forum guys can tell you for sure though. And no, the file is not directly compatible with Madden.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Staymates
Thanks for picking the game up and giving it a try. When I was at Best Buy on Sunday I made sure and put all the Head Coach copies up the top of the stack so people would buy 'em. $10 bucks is a steal (IMHO) but as long as people are playing it, I'm cool.

To answer your question, I believe the last roster update that our Lead Designer did was around mid-September...I'm sure one of the forum guys can tell you for sure though. And no, the file is not directly compatible with Madden.
First thing I thought of when you mentioned that is the old MTV True Life episode where they showed Billy Mitchell in a grocery store re-arranging the shelves to get his hot sauce more space.

Mid-September sounds right for the roster update.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
First thing I thought of when you mentioned that is the old MTV True Life episode where they showed Billy Mitchell in a grocery store re-arranging the shelves to get his hot sauce more space.

Mid-September sounds right for the roster update.

LOL @ Billy Mitchell and his haircut; that poseur.

its worth 10 bucks for sure dude.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Staymates

Haha, thanks for answering my question. I will give the game a try. I always liked the concept of the game, I just got stuck doing a lot of time management in the old game, rather than feeling like I getting right at the tasks that most wannabe front office guys actually fantasize.

Last edited by StormJH1; 05-01-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »