Home

To whom it may concern at EA Sports: Consumers want Head Coach 2010 - Petition

This is a discussion on To whom it may concern at EA Sports: Consumers want Head Coach 2010 - Petition within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: To whom it may concern at EA Sports: Consumers want Head Coach 2010 - Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamy2008
I for one MrNfl, would happily buy both.

In my mind, perfection would be HC replacing the franchise mode of Madden. To me franchise mode never reached the pinnacle it could have. That pinnacle imho, is HC.

Is it perfect, no. But for depth it is the closest I have ever played.

But it makes more sense to, as you stated, have us fans buy both.

I would love a yearly HC, but I would settle for updated rosters.

Peace=)
Oh I agree with you, I just don't think EA would put any extra effort or money into head coach, when it isn't the big cash cow.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: To whom it may concern at EA Sports: Consumers want Head Coach 2010 - Petition

Thank you for posting this! I REALLY should have done this myself....

I could not agree more with the original poster. There has been no game I have been more addicted to, or enjoyed playing more, than Head Coach 09. Just like original poster, I too have been playing games almost as long. The quality and, really, love that has been put into this product is extremely obvious. The result is a game that oozes professionalism and class.

I would EASILY pay $60 for a Head Coach 2010. But if that is not possible, I would also gladly shell out money for a content update. To have this game to play for another year with updated contracts, free agency, and the new rookies would (seriously) make my year!

They don't need to update the custom draft classes at all (they are all spectacular and I still havent come close to playing with them all), just update the latest rookies from this years draft.

Anyway, I did not mean to ramble here. I just got really excited when I read this thread. Head Coach is a milestone in my gaming life that I will never forget; and for it to continue on in any form next year would be absolutely wonderful.

Chris, if you are reading this, thank you for still reading this forum. Thank you for a game I cherish dearly, and please thank the rest of the development staff for us. We are devoted fans and, as the original poster said, we ARE here, I assure you.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Thank you for posting this! I REALLY should have done this myself....

I could not agree more with the original poster. There has been no game I have been more addicted to, or enjoyed playing more, than Head Coach 09. Just like original poster, I too have been playing games almost as long. The quality and, really, love that has been put into this product is extremely obvious. The result is a game that oozes professionalism and class.

I would EASILY pay $60 for a Head Coach 2010. But if that is not possible, I would also gladly shell out money for a content update. To have this game to play for another year with updated contracts, free agency, and the new rookies would (seriously) make my year!

They don't need to update the custom draft classes at all (they are all spectacular and I still havent come close to playing with them all), just update the latest rookies from this years draft.

Anyway, I did not mean to ramble here. I just got really excited when I read this thread. Head Coach is a milestone in my gaming life that I will never forget; and for it to continue on in any form next year would be absolutely wonderful.

Chris, if you are reading this, thank you for still reading this forum. Thank you for a game I cherish dearly, and please thank the rest of the development staff for us. We are devoted fans and, as the original poster said, we ARE here, I assure you.
Thank you for your eloquent response Chickenhed.

For anyone who is following this thread, thank you for taking the time to read it.

I am an optimist. I love this game and its nuances and depth.

I understand that some people like or love this game, but have no hope for a 2010 edition or roster updates.

I am now talking to you if you are in this category.

Please take a moment and post if you would buy 2010 HC or if you would buy downloaded content. It will only take a minute of your time. Even if you think "I love this game, but this thread is a waste of time. They will never do it."

Let us show EA that we dedicated and casual fans of this wonderful product will continue to support it with our wallets.

Thank you,

Peace=)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamy2008
Even if you think "I love this game, but this thread is a waste of time. They will never do it."
It isn't so much that they will "never" do it, jamy2008.

It's one of my favorite games of all time right now but a online petition is not going to change any of the market decisions that have made it clear Head Coach 10 isn't likely.

Maybe 11 or 12, and I'll be happy with that if they make the same strides forward that 09 made over the last one.

And I don't consider it a waste of time. If you think it might help continue to go for it...good luck.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:06 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thank you Deaduck.

I will keep at it simply because, you never know.

Peace=)
Old 05-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

It probably is too late for an update for '10. I read EA was losing $ big time so they cut back on projects and are focusing only on their biggest moneymakers. Since this is a niche project they might not have the resources for it right now.

If you can start a petition I will sign it. I know a few guys at work here that would too that have the game.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 34

Dear Valued Consumer,

Sincerely,

EA Sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #16
Rookie

ThrillzNSkillz's Arena

OVR: 2

Best Football game made, HC 2009 - Please at least provide a new
roster download for 2010..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »