Home

To whom it may concern at EA Sports: Consumers want Head Coach 2010 - Petition

This is a discussion on To whom it may concern at EA Sports: Consumers want Head Coach 2010 - Petition within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: To whom it may concern at EA Sports: Consumers want Head Coach 2010 - Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BocephusTyrant
It probably is too late for an update for '10. I read EA was losing $ big time so they cut back on projects and are focusing only on their biggest moneymakers. Since this is a niche project they might not have the resources for it right now.
In this economical situation every penny is calculated and I'm afraid we have to wait for better times. And I believe that one thing makes sale stats wrong is that many have bought HC as a part of Madden Anniversary package (or what was it called). So statisticians think that Madden sells good. I for example have played my copy of newest Madden twice.

I will also sign a petition and can recruit some friends if somebody starts it but it's too late for HC2010 - maybe HC2012?

Edit: brain trick & foreign language, statistics --> statisticians

Last edited by b3organ; 05-10-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #18
Rookie

Chris_Staymates's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: To whom it may concern at EA Sports: Consumers want Head Coach 2010 - Petition

I'll sign it. Pretty sure Josh and Donny would to.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #19

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
I'd love it, but EA is all about this:

Isn't that the point of a business?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #20
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Add me to the list of signers...I think my wife would even sign....she loves watching the games...just doesnt enjoy me yelling at the players that much
Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Isn't that the point of a business?
Of course it is the point of business to make money. I too do not like it when people make blanket statements about a company wanting to make a profit. As a whole, that is completely normal.

However, there are many was to RUN said business. The point of this thread is to help show that Head Coach 2010 can be a profitable product, or at the very least content updates can be very profitable.

It is never bad business to gain support and reward your fans. Even if, in the short term, it may not seem that way. What we are all hoping for is that EA doesn't just look at the short term, but also at the long term benefits of rewarding the very loyal fan base of Head Coach.

To summarize, no of course it is not a bad thing for a business to have profit as a goal for a product. The problem comes in when profit is ALL that matters, and literally nothing else. I think that even the advent and creation of the Head Coach franchise shows that EA is at least willing to give other genre products a shot. So that gives me hope that they will continue that line of thinking, and give support to the fantastic developers, and loyal fans, of Head Coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sign me up. I'd gladly pay $20 for a roster and draft class update. Oh, and if they could tweek it so we could call audibles I'd never get any sleep.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #23
Rookie

BoneThrower's Arena

OVR: 1

I'll gladly sign. Like others have already said, a new game isn't necessary at this point, just update the rosters, coaching staffs and possibly a new draft.

Great game that's addictive as hell.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:34 AM   #24
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThrower
I'll gladly sign. Like others have already said, a new game isn't necessary at this point, just update the rosters, coaching staffs and possibly a new draft.

Great game that's addictive as hell.

co-sign
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cosign2.jpg (26.4 KB, 76 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »