Home

Restricted Free Agents

This is a discussion on Restricted Free Agents within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon5 Restricted Free Agents

Question for ya:

DT Dre Moore on my team is a restricted FA at the end of the year. He hasnt tried to negotiate a contract so I will have to tender him at the end of the season. I know I can try to tender him at the highest price (1st and 3rd rounder) and teams may not want to pay that much but most likely they will and i will have to give that up. I really don't want to lose him, he's a beast but I also don't want to give up any draft picks to keep him.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can prevent him from hitting the market and signing before the end of the season? Any other hints or tips so I don't lose him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Restricted Free Agents

No, you have to tender him and hope for the best. If you give him that tender, they have to give you a 1st and 3rd, which you can use and get another stud DT.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Ok Thanks for letting me know. I was hoping to keep him because he is almost to his POT and has been a huge part of my run D. I guess I will search for another if someone grabs him. At least I get 2 high draft picks for him I guess.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

You are never FORCED to lose a RFA. (hence the restricted). Once you tender him one of two things will happen.

1) Noone will pick him up, in which case you keep him for whatever the tender amount was (normally about 2 mil/1 year). No signing bonus, no incentives. Darn good deal.

2) Someone WILL pick him up and offer him a nice fat contract. At which point you can either LET them have him and get back the compensation (1st and 3rd in your case), or MATCH the offer and keep him at that contract THEY negotiated.

So you will end up with 1 of 3 things:

1) your guy signed for a 1 year deal at about 2 MIL which you can then negotiate during the next season for a long term extension.

2) a 1st and 3rd round pick and no player.

3) Your guy signed to a long term deal which another GM negotiated and you matched to keep him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcauley
Ok Thanks for letting me know. I was hoping to keep him because he is almost to his POT and has been a huge part of my run D. I guess I will search for another if someone grabs him. At least I get 2 high draft picks for him I guess.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Dre Moore is a tough one to sign. I had to tag him twice before he ever came to the table. He's worth the headache. He's a one man wrecking crew vs the run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

When does the tender screen come up? I never get it.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren225
It only pops when you have somone who is eligible for RFA. Some years, you won't see it at all if you've been re-signing your players or no one meets the years of experience requirement.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren225

It will come up after the franchise option does, if you have any players it applies to. It only applies to players whose contract is up after their 3rd year in the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »