Home

Sim similar to NFL: HC

This is a discussion on Sim similar to NFL: HC within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sim similar to NFL: HC

I thought a few of you may be interested in this relatively new football sim; Deep Route. It's geared toward the more serious football enthusiasts but is fairly addictive for everyone and it's also free.

At it's heart DR has a reliable sim that gives out realistic results but also covers all aspects of managing an NFL team (Yearly draft, managing the salary cap, shopping through FA) while competing against 31 other human managers. There's also an option to create detailed playbooks for both Offense and Defense to tailor the game plan that you have in mind.

Again it can be a bit daunting at first but if you stick with it you'll find it's one of the best football sims out there. Also if you need help ask just around in the chat or on the forums because it has rather helpful and mature community.

http://deeproute.com/default.asp?js=...743&leagueno=1

Example QB (Notice the depth in attributes). His bad production can be blamed on an average LT and an injury plagued receiving corps.

http://deeproute.com/default.asp?js=...041&leagueno=1
Example of an elite DT (His production has slumped because of the loss of his old space eating NT)

http://deeproute.com/default.asp?sel...=&myleagueno=1
32 team leagues

http://deeproute.com/default.asp?js=...447&leagueno=1
A young CB; In his attributes the second number is his potential so he's a 55 OVR with the potential to reach 80 OVR.

So yeah, give it a look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Sim similar to NFL: HC

It reminds me of goallineblitz, but this has a hideous interface

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

looks really cool, Ill probably check it out after the summer though since im gonna go on a 2 month eurotrip
Old 06-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Another sim that I actually replaced my head coach play with is sportsims. Fictional names based on real players, and they tell you the players they are based on. No free agency or salary cap.

http://www.sportsims.net/default.asp

edit-forgot to add, operation sports has a private league that usually has a couple of openings. Just request that league with the support team if you are interested.

Last edited by shnuskis; 06-17-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Another sim that I actually replaced my head coach play with is sportsims. Fictional names based on real players, and they tell you the players they are based on. No free agency or salary cap.

http://www.sportsims.net/default.asp

edit-forgot to add, operation sports has a private league that usually has a couple of openings. Just request that league with the support team if you are interested.
Wait so what do you do in sportsims? Is it like a team management sim or a Fantasy Football sim?

Also DR is less like GLB and more like CFSBL or simyard but for football; It's a team management sim slightly similar to Head Coach but against other human owners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 01:21 AM   #6
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiuhyoi
Wait so what do you do in sportsims? Is it like a team management sim or a Fantasy Football sim?

Also DR is less like GLB and more like CFSBL or simyard but for football; It's a team management sim slightly similar to Head Coach but against other human owners.
I guess I am not sure how to answer your question. You draft, trade, set lineups, players develop based on experience gathered from starting or being a backup, set preseason reps, offensive and defensive strategies, etc. It is entirely free. They are starting a new league any day now that you do pay for where they have a salary cap and bid ala ebay style for your players. They say I think all players up to 2007 are in their data base. You will have players based on Jim Brown, Dan Marino, John Elway, Dan Fouts, Johnny Unitas, etc. They get overall ratings, but each position has inside numbers as well.

It is designed to be detailed and realistic but only take ten minutes a day to manage your team. Its easy and fun. Much simpler than Deep route but I found it much easier on the eyes. I didn't like the presentation of Deep Route.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
I guess I am not sure how to answer your question. You draft, trade, set lineups, players develop based on experience gathered from starting or being a backup, set preseason reps, offensive and defensive strategies, etc. It is entirely free. They are starting a new league any day now that you do pay for where they have a salary cap and bid ala ebay style for your players. They say I think all players up to 2007 are in their data base. You will have players based on Jim Brown, Dan Marino, John Elway, Dan Fouts, Johnny Unitas, etc. They get overall ratings, but each position has inside numbers as well.
That sounds pretty cool, I had look earlier but wasn't quite sure how it worked. I might give it a bit more of a look now though, is drafting the only way to get new players on your team? What happens to the cuts?

Quote:
It is designed to be detailed and realistic but only take ten minutes a day to manage your team. Its easy and fun. Much simpler than Deep route but I found it much easier on the eyes. I didn't like the presentation of Deep Route.
Yeah Deep Route is pretty ugly at times, it's definitely not all that aesthetically appealing at the moment but apparently some of the design and layout will be changed eventually. It's kind of like a bizarro Goal Line Blitz in that DR chose depth and realism over accessibility.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:28 AM   #8
Rookie

In my SportSims league Barry Sanders just rushed for 2048 yards at 5.9 YPC; thought you said it was realistic

Pretty cool still, I have Johnny Unitas backing up Sonny Jurgenson on offense and Curley Culp on defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »