Home

Flash Gordon draft path

This is a discussion on Flash Gordon draft path within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Flash Gordon draft path

He did get freakishly lucky. I am on this path with the Patriots, and I didn't scout Lankford or Jackson, and both are usually gone in the first three or four picks. Many times I've had to trade up to #2 just to get them.

I believe Lankford is the best OL in the game. The guy has either 97 or 98 POT depending on philosophy, and he's freakishly athletic (the guy is 6'7, 307 and he has 86 SPD).
Old 07-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Flash Gordon draft path

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcauley
Wow! Where does LT Lankford usually go in the draft? Is he a top 10 pick?

Do you use the strategy that you don't scout the players you want? Is this how Lankford fell to you after #10?
I think I accidentally benefited from that. I didn't scout much on Jackson because LT was one of the few positions I was set at and, given all the talent in that draft, I didn't want to waste picks moving up. My plan was to grab a LB at #13 but Mack Truck went at 12 to the Vikes and Jackson fell into my lap. And with Jackson in tow, I didn't do that much scouting on Lankford either. I knew his insane athleticism from his combine performance but that was about it. That said, both were very high throughout on most teams' Pick the Picks, so I'm not 100% sure it was the non-scouting. Might have just been freakish luck with how the draft needs fell out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »