Home

Packers Franchise report

This is a discussion on Packers Franchise report within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #25
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Packers Franchise report

When you are trading, what kind of picks do you try to get? Let's say you are trading a 90 OVR LB. What is the lowest kind of pick you will take? Does what I'm saying make sense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

your playbooks seem ok, i use the bears and the cover 2 defense creates way too many ints. I suggest adembroski's sliders. then as for a challenge: it seems the team and coaching staff you've built will dominate no matter what so unless you fire your coaches and blow up the team it will be hard. if you want a challenge for new franchise here is what i have done.

1) I found the top 16 teams based on coaches and schemes.
2) Went into the roster in the main menu released every starting caliber player and over priced player
3) stack the top teams teams based on schemes used. (i can give examples of rosters if you want them) basically anyone over 80 or with high potential was moved to a good team.
4) start a new franchise with a created coach on one of the bad teams (i usually use the redskins)
5) sim the first year
6) you'll most likely get fired but a lot of teams will fire their coaches and take over someone else.

you'll most likely have no one worthy of starting on your team meaning you'll have to build an entire new roster.
and if you went through and released everyone originally then all the players were signed to a one year deal for small money so the teams you stacked almost always re-sign everyone so there will be very little free agent wise. when you finally get to the next season you'll have half the league that is absolute crap however the other half is really really tough to beat
Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedskate
When you are trading, what kind of picks do you try to get? Let's say you are trading a 90 OVR LB. What is the lowest kind of pick you will take? Does what I'm saying make sense?
I think so. Generally I use the trading system the way I think it was intended, in that when I trade I negotiate. I don't accept the first offer either coming or going, and I try to get what I want for a low price.

For example, in the (*cough*several/*cough) rounds of the 2012 offseason I ran, I traded for Nate Jameel from the Raiders using a GM with average Trading skill. I gave them two players (an OVR 87 QB & a OVR 89 LT) and a pick. That's an acceptable price for me, because both were backups, and the Raiders get two starters for the price of one.

In another transaction, I traded Devin Gilbert (OVR 93) for Julian Wilson (OVR 87) not quite straight-up to the Chiefs - they got a lower-round pick as part of the deal.

In a third, I traded away Mason Crosby (OVR 90 K), and his price ended up being a third round pick from the Browns. I talked with several teams and asked them to increase their offers at least twice, and took what I thought was the best deal - not necessarily what the trading gauge rated as the best deal.

Does that answer your question?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Player reviews are very informative-keep them coming if you can. Also, will you be doing a Balanced breakdown of the 2012 draft the way you did for the previous 2?
Glad you like the player reviews. To the degree that I have information & experiences worthy of sharing as I explore the game in my own franchise efforts, that's why this thread is here.

I have a sheet for 2012 that I haven't posted yet; it's been a work in progress. You'll see it soon.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #29
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

yup that answers my question. thanks
Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 26

Ebongreen, I noticed in a previous post you mentioned Calais Campbell had an OVR of 91. 89 is the best I was able to get for Campbell under the Balanced philosophy. Did you change your DE philosophy, or does my GM just get his potential wrong. I believe my GM has a rating of 4 under DE potential.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #31
Pro

Calais Campbell POT/OVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Ebongreen, I noticed in a previous post you mentioned Calais Campbell had an OVR of 91. 89 is the best I was able to get for Campbell under the Balanced philosophy. Did you change your DE philosophy, or does my GM just get his potential wrong. I believe my GM has a rating of 4 under DE potential.
I don't think any of that happened, actually. He may have produced beyond his potential for a period of time, leading to a higher OVR than his normal POT allows. I've seen Ryan Grant do that once or twice - maybe CC did as well.

At the same time, I agree with you - it seems like a mistype on my part because I remember his Balance POT at 89 too. At another point in the narrative I quote his OVR as 90, so my best guess is "over-production" at that point in my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #32
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

Is this still going?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »