Home

Improving your GM

This is a discussion on Improving your GM within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2010, 03:27 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Improving your GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidhope
What are ways you guys go about improving your GM so you can do a halfway decent job of scouting the draft(without looking at spreadsheets, I want it to be a challenge. No offense to anyone who actually does this.) I started a new game as the Chiefs, in the preseason, because I know the 08 draft so well it's basically cheating, and KC had a decent draft anyway. If I don't make the playoffs I can fire their GM who is alright, but pretty much capped out except for the special skills, which I believe to be the key to the GM part of the game. If you can get the intuition skill, then it becomes easier. But it can take awhile to get it unless you have amazing drafts each time I gather?

One guy I always seem to target is Gil Darnell, but Meese of the Giants usually leaves after year one (after the hiring process). Is it possible to actually hire this guy after year one? Has anyone done it? Who are your favorite GMs to target and what skills do you acquire for them?
1. Win games and your GM will gain a certain amount of points. 2. If you have a player win player of the week, your GM will get more points. 3. A trade where you win will get you 300 points. Not a lot, but it can definitely help. 4. An amazing game by players you draft will definitely get more points for your GM. 5. I can't confirm this, but I expect winning individual awards for players also will get your GM more points.

Gil Darnell is probably the best GM you can target after the first offseason. I'd get him first if you can. After him target Meese, Mikey Lewis, or the Texans GM(cant remember the name) in that order. Comparisons are key, so definitely get the Insider special skills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »