Home

Custom Playbook glitch????

This is a discussion on Custom Playbook glitch???? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Custom Playbook glitch????

I am using a custom playbook Cam Cameron's base playbook with some added and removed.
I am in year 2 preseason I had a play as a gameplan option to practice before preseason game 3. I looke dliek a good play and I knew I hadn't used it so it was unlearned.
So that was my on practice just to learn that play.
In the game I could not find the play so after I viewed every offensive play in my playbook by type and formation.
I do not have that play?????
So has anyone else had this happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Custom Playbook glitch????

I haven't seen this glitch, but a glitch I did just see is...

Mike Nolan, my DC, is at 51 overall rating. I decided to go in and upgrade his performance skill to level 2, but every time I do it lowers his overall to 45! I tried buying other skills, but they all lower him to 45-46 too!! I don't know what's up, but it's lame whatever it is.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pearce

Mike Nolan, my DC, is at 51 overall rating. I decided to go in and upgrade his performance skill to level 2, but every time I do it lowers his overall to 45! I tried buying other skills, but they all lower him to 45-46 too!! I don't know what's up, but it's lame whatever it is.
This happens all the time for me. I dont know wether it was intentional or not but I can ussually spot when this is going to happen right away. If you have a WR coach with no special skills and 2-4 in development skills who shows up as a 99 you can be 100% sure his overall is going to drop once you upgrade something. I guess the game recalculates ovr when you upgrade and maybe coaches can show up as the wrong ovr rating based on how well they performed on their previous team or something?

As for the original question I use custom playbooks in every career and haven't seen that before. Try choosing plays based on play type and see if it shows up that way.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Maybe it is in the "created plays" section?
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I looked at plays by type and formation. Possible it's in created somehow right now it only has 6 created plays and that shouldn't be one.

Also a stolen play from a preseason game was a dime defensive play I had no dime defense so stoel it to be able to create some dime plays.

I did not see any dime play or otion to call a dime play until the 4th quater of my next preseason game and now it's there in the playbook but it took a week of gametime to get it.
I was wondering if this play is going to magically appear a some point also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pearce

The only time I have seen this is if I promote someone to a coordinator position. For example, Tim Lewis was my DB Coach and was like a 90...but after I promoted him to DC and improved him his overall dropped to 60 something. I think it is because the original rating is for their previous position.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

For the missing stolen play, maybe your playbook had the maximum amount of plays so that you can't add any new plays.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSHHT
For the missing stolen play, maybe your playbook had the maximum amount of plays so that you can't add any new plays.
That could be what it was, only thing i can think of that would be reasonable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »