Home

New Lions Dyansty

This is a discussion on New Lions Dyansty within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
New Lions Dyansty

I'm starting a new dynasty bc my save got corrupted with my ravens one. The Lions seem much more of a challenge so i decided to go with em. I'll keep the forum posted on what happens with my dynasty. here are my philosophies on players: QB Moblie/Speed HB Speed FB Blocking WR Speed TE Soft hands/route T G C Balanced DE DT Run stopper OLB Pass rush/3-4 MLB tackler/3-4 CB Ballhawk SS Run stopper/hard hitter FS Centerfield K balanced P balanced..Im looking to draft McFadden, Josh Johnson, Calais Campbell, a WR in a late round, a TE in a late round, and possibly a C. In FA i signed Haynesworth and Samuel since i had like 50mil in the cap and my defense was terrible. Also signed Ben Noll RG (85 overall 88 pot). Im mostly looking to upgrade thru drafting but i couldnt pass up on those FA guys. Anyway Im doing the draft tomorrow and will try to trade up to a top 5 pick to get Mcfadden. Ill let you know what goes down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: New Lions Dyansty

OK so i did Draft Day 1. I traded 3 players (Delmas, Hanson, DeWayne White) for the #2 pick in the draft and i got me some DARREN MCFADDEN!! AND i got to keep my #15 pick, which i ended up trading down for the 38th pick, 2009 2nd and 4th (i dont remember what team) but w/ that pick i got Kenny Phillips arguably the best DB in the draft. With my other 2nd rounder i got Calais Campbell, one of the best DE in the draft. Ill be doen the 2nd draft day a little later today, but things are lookin good so far. my targets are TE JerMichael Finley, WR Harry Douglas, QB Josh Johnson, and a C.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

How can you trade Delmas if he isn't even in the game...?
Old 12-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Rookie

My bad. I meant Leigh Bodden.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OK so here is a basic rundown of my Draft Weekend. FYI i messed up my previous post on a few levels. Ill show the corrections below

Day 1
Round 1
#2 pick (from STL) - Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas...traded away CB Leigh Bodden (i said Louis Delmas, whos not even in the game lol), DE DeWayne White, and K Jason Hanson
#27 pick - Kenny Phillips, SS Miami...first off I traded my 15th overall for 41st pick, 72nd pick, and a 2009 4th (Bills), then i traded that 41st pick i just got along with my 2009 3rd and 4th rd picks to get the 27th overall (Chargers) ...all that i gained really was that 72nd overall pick in those 2 trades but i wanted that to get either josh johnson or j finley so i think it worked out
Round 2
13th pick - Calais Campbell, DE (RE) Maimi...huge upgrade over White in my opinion, decent sleeper

Day 2
Round 3
8th pick - JerMichael Finley, TE Texas...season goal of mine was to get a TE 85 or higher in overall...i failed lol but he has a 90 potential so the owner wont be mad soon enough
12th pick - Josh Johnson, QB San Diego...as you saw in my previous post i like my qbs quick and mobile, and johnson fit that perfectly, not to mention that 93 potential
23rd pick - Harry Douglas, WR Louisville...extreeeeemely fast dude...lookin to put him in the slot especially in my new formation i made (full gun) and as a kick returner
Round 4
12th pick - Frank Okam, DT Texas...great run stopper with tremendous strength (96 strength) and will do very well next to Haynesworth in 4-3 and 46 defensive formations
Round 5
11th pick - Kory Lichtensteiger C Bowl. Green...didnt scout him much at all but he was the top guy on the board and i needed a center so we'll see how he does...lookin for a preseason battle between him and Dominic Raiola
Round 6
10th pick - Trae Williams CB USF...again didnt scout this guy but i need a nickel corner and ill give him the chance to fight for it in the preseason, otherwise its special teams he goes
Round 7 - Ryan Torain, HB Arizona St....guna give this power RB a chance to prove his stuff against calhoun for a backup role to run DMC and maybe a 3rd down back if he has good pass block/pass catching skills.

Well thats my draft analysis in a nutshell...now onto signing the rooks and headin into training camp/preseason! ill let u know whats up either tomorrow or monday.

Last edited by AndyKisBoss; 12-11-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
Rookie

BoneThrower's Arena

OVR: 1

Good luck, but I can tell you from personal experience that TE-Finley and DT-Okam are usually hurt more than they're healthy. Really sucks too, because both are good players when healthy.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
Rookie

I hope that wont happen lol
Old 12-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OK so i signed my rooks and went thru the preseason. To replace my traded Jason Hanson, i signed Alexis Serna as a undrafted rookie for 290K/1yr. I simmed the preseason games, but went thru all the gameplan and other things during it. I also did the TE/FB swith with Dallas's Jason Witten and traded a rookie RB and 7th rd pick for him...ik its a "cheat" per se but i like to take advantage so i got the Seahawks 2009 1st and 2nd roundrs. OK so i played my first regular season game against the Falcons. Here's the Box Score:

Week 1 @ Atlanta Falcons

September 7th 2008 1:00 PM

Offense
J Johnson (R) 9/17 241yds 1td 2int, 10rush 79yds 2td; D McFadden (R)
19rush 28yds 0td, 1/1 15yds 1td; H Douglas (R) 4rec 147yds 1td, 3rush
16yds, Kick return 93yds for td; C Johnson 2rec 43yds 1td

Defense
E Sims 12tck 1sack; C Redding 4sacks, K Hamlin 6tck 1int; K Phillips
(R) 5tck 1sack 1int

Special
A Serna (R) 1/1 FG (50) 6/6 XP

Scoring
1st Quarter
Det: Darren McFadden pass to Calvin Johnson for 15yds for a TOUCHDOWN (XP
by Serna is good) 7-0;
Atl: INTERCEPTION Josh Johnson pass intercepted by Eric Green for a
TOUCHDOWN (XP by Mare is good) 7-7;

2nd Quarter
Atl: 34yd FG by Olindo Mare, 7-10;
Det: Harry Douglas returns kickoff 93yds for a TOUCHDOWN (XP by Serna is
good) 14-10;
Atl: INTERCEPTION Josh Johnson intercepted by Eric Green for a TOUCHDOWN
(XP by Mare is good) 14-17;
Atl: 22yd FG by Olindo Mare, 14-20

3rd Quarter
Det: Josh Johnson pass to Harry Douglas 53yds for a TOUCHDOWN (XP by Serna
is good) 21-20
Det: 1yd rush by Mike Karney TOUCHDOWN (XP by Serna is good) 28-20

4th Quarter
Det: 7yd rush by Josh Johnson TOUCHDOWN (XP by Serna is good) 35-20
Det: 12yd rush by Josh Johnson TOUCHDOWN (XP by Serna is good) 42-20
Atl; Trent Green pass to Roddy White 5yds for a TOUCHDOWN (2pt Conversion
Green to White is good) 42-28
Det: 50yd FG by Alexis Serna is good, 45-28

Final Score
Detroit 45
Atlanta 28

Notables
354yds total offense (129r,225p)
234yds allowed (64r,170p)
12 1st downs
-1 turnover difference
4-11 3rd down
1-1 4th down
4-5 Red zone (4td)
2 penalties (25yds)
33:22 TOP

McFadden had a less than stellar first game on the ground, but at least he used his decent passing skills to hit Megatron in the end zone. That play was in my new formation i made, Blade Back, and ive had very nice success from that formation and the other one i created, Full Gun. Josh Johnson also had 2 clutch TD runs at the end of the game as he was rolling out from a Full Gun play. Meanwhile, another rookie really stood out. One of my 3 3rd round picks Harry Douglas caught a 50yd bomb wide open on the sideline from Johnson on the first play of the game.! He was litteraly wide open, and that set up Darren McFadden's TD pass to Megatron. He also returned a kickoff 93yds for a score in the 2nd quarter where he showed great breakaway speed as well as a nice spin move to seperate himself from a bunch of tacklers. Im really excited about this guys big play ability. The low part of the game was the 2 interceptions by Josh Johnson, both returned for 6 by Eric Green. They were both underthrown to Roy Williams and Green was playin a tight man to man on him so he got the picks. But he's a rookie so he'll learn. Im really excited bout this young team. I plan on playing my next game either 2mrw or monday, so ill let the forum know whats goen down.

Last edited by AndyKisBoss; 12-13-2010 at 03:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »