Home

Lesser exploits/sound advice to enjoy this game

This is a discussion on Lesser exploits/sound advice to enjoy this game within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Lesser exploits/sound advice to enjoy this game

Dude.

1. Stop being a dick. One of the things I like about this forum is that it's pretty much free of internet tough guys. Let's keep it that way.

2. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-thread-9.html <- Read post 85. That is Chris Staymates, one of the lead programmers of the game, telling you that you are wrong, and Motivator only has an effect at the time it is purchased. Note he posted it in 2008. I'm going to have to go with his word here, since you know, he -wrote- the code.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3

answer me this, why do people you draft AFTER you use motivator, STILL HAVE THE RAISE IN STATS? He obviously didnt do his own research. That skill doesnt only work at one time. It works your whole career. you can use it the first year and still see it working 10 drafts later.

If you trade someone AFTER YOU HAVE MOTIVATOR from your team to a team that DOESNT HAVE A COACH WITH MOTIVATOR, His ratings will drop, INSTANTLY. Consequently, if you trade for a player on a team WITHOUT MOTIVATOR, they will get better on your team INSTANTLY(if you have motivator).

So he can say what he wants, but he's still incorrect. i think he meant to use one later in the tree like mentor or educator WHICH DO INDICATE ONE TIME ONLY. Leadership says for any coach WHILE THEY'RE ON YOUR STAFF, and motivator says ups the potential of ALL PLAYERS WHO PLAY FOR THIS COACH!

Read the skill chart. It works. It works on every draft and every fa for the REST OF YOUR CAREER. Same with leadership, they come on to your staff one better at everything than they would be on someone's staff without leadership. You people are thinking of the ones that say 1 time effect only.

Last edited by algoody421; 11-24-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
Banned

I wrote that producer a pm on here so maybe he'll respond.

To clear up how they play better for you once you have motivator. It doesn't improve their performance skill, it improves EVERY STAT THEY HAVE, AND THE POTENTIAL OF EVERY STAT. in ESSENCE, MAKING THEM BETTER PLAYERS. THAT MAKES THEM PLAY BETTER. Really simple, not difficult to understand.

Motivator is like innovator. it doesnt just work on one set of people. Thats ridiculous. The ones that only work once are LABELED. Why would they make that mistake of not labeling it one time only when there was clearly enough room to fit it in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #12
Banned

Chris staymates is an idiot who gave you all bad information. Motivator isnt a one time effect. It works the same way innovator does. Just because you dont see it making every player who ever plays for you better, doesnt mean it isnt.

If someone wants to challange me on this, start a new coach(so will I) and do it your way. Tell me the draft class you get and I will do it my way. We'll set the philosophies to the same, the teams to the same, everything except the skills we select. While you'll choose not to use motivator, I will. And when we get to that first draft we'll see who's players are better rated.

Then we'll go to the next draft, without you getting motivator still, while i'll still have it, and we'll see who's players are better, drafting the same players. You will see, without a shadow of a doubt, the players will still be better on my team. Not just the ones from that first class(the only ones you people think who will be better because of motivator).

You could even wait 4-5 years to get motivator, with the same personnel on each of our teams, the same draft choices. the same everything except you dont have motivator and I do. my players will ALWAYS be better than yours. UNTIL YOU GET MOTIVATOR.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

how badly do you want somebody to tell you that you're right? hahaha.

Maybe if you use more capital letters, people will finally come around to your side of things.

hahaha....3 posts back to back? Relax.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

You don't need to do any of these things. As I wrote in another thread, all you need is a decent QB and a few decent receiving threats. Study Pass plays in practice, then pass over and over.

The secondary AI is so bad in HC09 and all the Madden games that it cannot stop the pass. Even if your QB has a terrible completion percentage, you will get a ton of big plays per game because of broken coverage.

If you don't believe me, play coach mode or CPU vs CPU games in Madden for a while and keep track of the stats. Pay close attention to Yards per Reception. NFL average is about 12. You'll easily push 16 to 20+ in Madden. There's no point in running the ball when you get that much from the passing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »