Home

Positional Philosophies' Key Attributes

This is a discussion on Positional Philosophies' Key Attributes within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Positional Philosophies' Key Attributes

Thanks, redbird294. I really appreciate the thorough feedback. You bring up a few good points that I never thought of, especially around the workhorse HB.

Do you have any thoughts around the 3-4/Versatile DL or Receiving HB positions? Those are another two that stump me. The 3-4 one definitely has block shedding as a major attribute, and I also believe size and strength play into it, but since I'm not familiar with this positional philosophy in general, these are only educated guesses based on my roster grading review.

For the Receiving HB, obviously Catch is the main one, but I'm struggling to figure out the others. I'm assuming Catch in Traffic is one, but there's another reason beyond catch that makes Reggie Bush only an 83 and Brian Westbrook is a 92 on Receiving HB philosophy. Bush and Westbrook match on almost everything except AWR and CAR, which is why I'm wondering if those two are involved.

Anyway, thanks again for your input. It's much appreciated.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #10
MVP

i apologise if im wrong which is likely as im a brit

a conventional 3-4 line is run stop first letting the lbs vary the pass rush by bringing a random 4th or more on a blitz

therefore size for DE 280+ 6' 6'7" + ? the NT needs to dual gap so 320+ 6'2" + ?
id guess str, acc and awr with block shedding. naturally tackle is important
Old 01-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #11
Pro

Thanks for the feedback.

There's one last position for the life of me I can't figure out: H-Back for TEs. I have NO idea what key attributes are tied to this positional philosophy. All I see is that it generally boosts the overall grade up for almost all TEs. If anyone has any input, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

For workhorse I am going to write down ladainian Tomlinson stats because he is the best workhorse back in the game and compare it to other players stats and see what I get
Old 01-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
Rookie

I found that awareness is a decided factor from comparing darren McFadden to L.T., McFadden had a 97 in toughness compared to Lt 94 a 93 in stamina to Lt 99 a 84 in injury to Lt 95 and and a 82 in awareness to Lt 99! So From this we now know that toughness, awareness, injury, and stamina are traits to pay attention to oh and when I did this McFadden only had a 77 overall L.T had a 95 under work horse

Last edited by 1387sportscraver; 01-14-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
Pro

Thanks so much for the help. I never thought about Awareness for Workhorse. Now, if you can figure out 3-4/Versatile DL, Cover 2 CB, and H-Back TE, I'd be forever grateful!
Old 01-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #15
Banned

TrufflesEater's Arena

OVR: 0

A simple question: why are you concerned about how the position philosophies affect the overall ratings? Is it simply curiosity?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
Rookie

From some research I found out that h back is short for a hybrid tight end which is tight end that can pretty much do it all as in block, run the ball and catch so when drafting or looking for one pay attention to anything involving running I.e elusiveness, stiff arm anything that involves blocking such as pass blocking and wr abilities like route running and so on and to prove this if you look at gates,Cooley and Winslow they all excel in these aspects and also they need to be fast like a receiver

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »