Home

Best and Worst Run Franchises in HC09

This is a discussion on Best and Worst Run Franchises in HC09 within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #25
Rookie

browns_nation's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Best and Worst Run Franchises in HC09

The rodgers thing was always weird to me. Especially considering that his back up Brian Brohm becomes an absolute stud in the field general/west coast philosophy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Rodgers, well any QB, will put up stud numbers in the Miraldi Tech Passing Playbook.

Of the 3 main aspects of a team - Coaches, Playbook, Players

How would you assign weight for success?

Personally I'd say 65% Coachces, 25% playbook, 10% players.

Players might be even lower as you will always see a hammermill come along and turn Jamarcus Russel or some crappy QB into a pro bowler.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlech1805
Rodgers, well any QB, will put up stud numbers in the Miraldi Tech Passing Playbook.

Of the 3 main aspects of a team - Coaches, Playbook, Players

How would you assign weight for success?

Personally I'd say 65% Coachces, 25% playbook, 10% players.

Players might be even lower as you will always see a hammermill come along and turn Jamarcus Russel or some crappy QB into a pro bowler.

That's very interesting! I assume you mean the question as it applies to a CPU franchise.

My initial reaction was "players" since acquiring players is where I spend most of my energy. But I guess when I'm the coach, the playbook isn't very important. Unlike a CPU coach, I'll soon be calling only the best plays the playbook has to offer. And if I'm missing something I can create a semi useful play to do what I need.

I haven't given much thought to the coaching staff since it seems I have very little control over who I get. The initial staff is inherited and by the second year with a franchise I'm entering the coaching job fair so late there are seldom any good coaches available. Even when I missed the playoffs I had no idea which coaches I wanted without spending a lot of time reading spoilers or doing a lot of save a reload, neither of which appeals.

It does give me a different perspective on my current team. I moved to the Redskins in 2012 and inherited the best coaching staff I'd seen in 17 seasons. There was one glaring problem that was keeping them down. Their GM negotiation philosophy was "generous". I've never seen so many bad contracts. I've got a 72 OVL DT that still would cost $33M to cut! My owner would fire me if I cut him (I know, I tried).

So my first year my total talent was 32nd according to the GM status screen but I went 11-5 and won a playoff game. This year my talent is up to 30th and I've started 6-0. Must be those excellent coaches! Wish I could take credit for hiring them!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #28
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't know about you guys, but I would MUCH rather have the coaches & their skills updated than rosters. It might just be me, but rosters don't bother me a ton, but having some coaches that are awful rated that should be a lot higher and vice versa kinda upsets me. That is why I hope that editor for Madden can be changed so we can (possibly) edit coaches ratings.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 AM   #29
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan615
How often did the Jets Panthers and Dolphins switch coaches? I think some of it also has to do with who the cpu is willing to put on the field as well. Like you mentioned with Rodgers, they wont play him, while the Jets seem most times content with rolling with Clemens.
The Jets, Panthers, and Dolphins surprisingly didn't change coaches as often as you may think. Usually when a team does bad, the game has changing coaches every year. after looking at it all, those teams changed coaches an average of every 3.5 years. Sounds weird with an uneven number, but that's what it was.

I watched the Jets roll with Clemens until he retired in one year. That just pissed me off, seeing as how Clemens sucks so much.

Yes, the roster doesn't upset me too much, though I would still love to see it updated. The coaches, on the other hand, really need to be updated. Tomlin and Harbaugh especially need to be improved, as they are two really good coaches. We also need either the playbooks updated so other teams, who don't do well in the game or vice-versa, get fixed. Hell, we just need a new game. Especially one that fixes the running game, so that "running teams" have a chance at succeeding as well
Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamhat1915
I watched the Jets roll with Clemens until he retired in one year. That just pissed me off, seeing as how Clemens sucks so much.
In my current career (TB then NYJ), which I just picked back up, Clemens has been a pretty decent quarterback for the Lions for ~5 years, he's up to 87 overall, I believe.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

I also would rather have an updated Coaching staff as opposed to new rosters.

Who knows maybe someday we;ll get both (and then i'll want custom draft classes )

It would be really interesting to play around with the coaches attributes for example if everything was set to zero how would the results look.

It could really indicate the money plays, playbooks, or systems if you could mess around with those attributes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #32
Rookie

deckofcards77's Arena

OVR: 1

Cardinals are downright terrible with Whisenhunt. In my career they fired him after two seasons, then Hammermill was hired and he made Matt Leinart the MVP!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »