Home

Jonathan Hancock: A Football Life

This is a discussion on Jonathan Hancock: A Football Life within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Jonathan Hancock: A Football Life

This is my first thread to start, I'm just now able to do that now. I'm looking to start a new career but am out of good ideas. Any suggestions are welcome. I'll check this again soon and I'll use whichever one interests me most, if anyone replies. Also, I'll be posting everything in my dynasty once I get it started.

Last edited by jshrolltide; 02-01-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Jonathan Hancock: A Football Life

Have you ever tried to make a classic coach such as Mike Ditka and reacting the way he would to every situation. You would also pick his skills to make him like the real coach instead of the skills you know are best.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
Rookie

That's interesting... I might do something kind of like that, but instead of a legendary NFL coach, I think I might create Nick Saban (since I'm a huge Bama fan) with a background in DBs (that's what position he played) and start with the Dolphins, like he had never gone to Bama. They would have a power running system with a couple of strong running backs and run a 3-4 blitzing defense, just like my Crimson Tide. And if all goes well, they'd be winning 3 championships every 4 years, also like the Tide...
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

That'd be cool, esp if you tried to add some 'Bama players to the roster to keep it in the family. Keep it real and it should be a ton of fun, esp if you're a hardcore 'Bama guy and know Saban's style - just don't go drafting all the sleepers and cheap it. Good luck!

Last edited by Aurabolt127; 02-01-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurabolt127
That'd be cool, esp if you tried to add some 'Bama players to the roster to keep it in the family. Keep it real and it should be a ton of fun, esp if you're a hardcore 'Bama guy and know Saban's style - just don't go drafting all the sleepers and cheap it. Good luck!
I love that idea... even some of the players in the '08 draft! Simeon Castille saved a few games with last minute interceptions and Wallace Gilberry was a monster for us on the D-Line.

Now that I have that sorted out, which draft path should I use? My favorite is Zazzali, but I've used that one recently and would really be open to any of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

I dunno the paths, I never read up on them - I just like to figure it out on my own. Not too many guys from Saban's time there, but from earlier, good Alabama squads, Brodie Croyle is there at QB, he's still young and has a great arm. Just a thought since the 'Fins have no QB worth talking about. Gilberry is a monster - good call there.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #7
Rookie

Actually I'm starting to think that I'll just leave it in this thread. That'll be easier.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

Up to you, there's a few of us with franchise on the coaching dynasty page - but here works too. Whichever, it'll be an interesting take on a franchise regardless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »