Home

You can edit Head Coach roster.......

This is a discussion on You can edit Head Coach roster....... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #49
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: You can edit Head Coach roster.......

I am almost done with a complete 2013 Raiders team, will test as soon as i get it wrapped up. Should be under the cap in game, using actual contracts. If it freezes, I'll go back and adjust some contracts. probably going to have to do this after every team is finished. lots of testing.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 1

Well, I just confirmed my game freezing was not do to roster limits. The game allows you to add up to 75 players on a roster to start a career, and I came no where near that with my edited roster, so I'm assuming now it was caused by going over the cap.

Revan, how were you able to create new players? Did you just take existing ones and modify them?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #51
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan615
I am almost done with a complete 2013 Raiders team, will test as soon as i get it wrapped up. Should be under the cap in game, using actual contracts. If it freezes, I'll go back and adjust some contracts. probably going to have to do this after every team is finished. lots of testing.
Revan, how are you handling player portraits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #52
Rookie

revan615's Arena

Atm, I'm not really concerned with it. Right now I'm trying get it not to lock up. I think I have this thing figured out though. Just need a little more testing.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #53
Rookie

revan615's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Well, I just confirmed my game freezing was not do to roster limits. The game allows you to add up to 75 players on a roster to start a career, and I came no where near that with my edited roster, so I'm assuming now it was caused by going over the cap.

Revan, how were you able to create new players? Did you just take existing ones and modify them?
I have been editing a lot of existing ones atm. But I've found something, after completing the raiders roster, I started a career, got through a couple days, and it locked up. Started another career with same rosters, different team, and it was fine. I thik we're locking up because we're editing the rookies. When it comes time to sign them, the cpu doesn't know how to handle it. Let me know if this is your experience.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #54
Pro

Revan, I did some more testing last night, and my conclusion is the game freeze is cap related. Here's what happened...

After I moved Hall over to the Redskins from the Raiders, it put the Redskins in "ALARMING" mode on the salary cap. They had only ~$1M in cap room. What was interesting is that when I started a new career with the Redskins, there was no game freeze. Yet, when I started a new career with another team, the game froze. So, I edited the roster again and lowered a couple Redskins players' contracts and got the Redskins to around $5M in cap space. When I started a new career with another team, the game did not freeze. I tried another new career with another team, and still no freeze. I only simmed through a week both times, but everything seemed OK.

I think the problem is that when simming, the CPU is programmed to acquire players for training camp, yet when it comes up against the salary cap, it freezes up. And I tested this with a roster where I made lots of player moves, deleted some players, edited attributes, etc.

So I think if you keep a team around $5M of more in cap space, it shouldn't be a problem. If you uncover something else, let me know.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #55
Rookie

revan615's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Revan, I did some more testing last night, and my conclusion is the game freeze is cap related. Here's what happened...

After I moved Hall over to the Redskins from the Raiders, it put the Redskins in "ALARMING" mode on the salary cap. They had only ~$1M in cap room. What was interesting is that when I started a new career with the Redskins, there was no game freeze. Yet, when I started a new career with another team, the game froze. So, I edited the roster again and lowered a couple Redskins players' contracts and got the Redskins to around $5M in cap space. When I started a new career with another team, the game did not freeze. I tried another new career with another team, and still no freeze. I only simmed through a week both times, but everything seemed OK.

I think the problem is that when simming, the CPU is programmed to acquire players for training camp, yet when it comes up against the salary cap, it freezes up. And I tested this with a roster where I made lots of player moves, deleted some players, edited attributes, etc.

So I think if you keep a team around $5M of more in cap space, it shouldn't be a problem. If you uncover something else, let me know.
Is there anywhere in the editor to find cap space by chance? The odd thing is, when I started a career after editing the raiders, they were under the cap, and it locked up. But when I used that same roster and started a career with the jets, it was fine. Maybe were experiencing two different issues? Cause I went through and adjusted a ton of contracts in an effort to make sure teams were under the cap.

Last edited by revan615; 02-08-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #56
Pro

No, I haven't seen that data available in the editor, sorry.

BTW, I never realized how much the INJ and LRN grades really juice up the overall grade. There are some players who I dropped several key attributes by at least 20 points or more, yet they're overall only went down by a few points. I went to find that they're LRN and INJ grades were very high. Same with "bad" players who I increased key attributes 20-30 points. Their overall didn't budge too much, because they have poor LRN and INJ grades.

Either way, I'm done editing for now. I got the 2008 roster updated as best I could without it freezing up the game, so I'm not going to play around with it anymore and actually get back to playing the game. But let me know if you come across anything more interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »