Home

NFL HC 09 - 2020 PS3 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NFL HC 09 - 2020 PS3 Roster Update within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2020, 06:58 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NFL HC 09 - 2020 PS3 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcbjii
Great job, Tampa! This is not an easy project. I commend you for pushing through. I have most of mine done but I do not know if it will ever be where are I want it to be. There are just so many aspects to editing this game. Way more than Madden or the previous head coach.
Yep I totally agree! People commend this game for being so in-depth yet have no idea how in-depth it is! Editing the roster I’ve learned is a never ending task that you really can’t finish. You can get close but it will never end up being where you want. At some point you just call it a day and good enough. Basically now the only concern I have is seeing teams cut good players in the preseason that don’t fit their scheme (ex. Jordan Phillips (Marcus Stroud base) gets cut by the Cardinals as he is a 3-4 DE). I’ve changed all the teams to have a 3-4/4-3 based on real life yet it still happens. I did just figure out the HC philosophies and have edited all HC’s to have balanced for every defensive philosophy with the 3-4 HC’s having 3-4 DL/OLB philosophies. I hope to be able to test that out tonight and hope it works. Do you have any insight/tips on that?
Old 07-30-2020, 12:00 AM   #10
Pro

Just wanted to update people. It is 99.999999% complete. I ended up removing all players that are not current players. I was worried about having too few players, but the game just creates more random rookies in training camp so it doesn’t cause any issues. The only thing that I need to do is do one more test sim tomorrow night. My only concern now is getting 3-4 teams to play 3-4 and to run the schemes and playbooks that I have programmed. I have adjusted the 5 or so things that dictate the defensive scheme (boy is this game detailed!) and I think I finally found the one that overrides the others. I did a small 4 game test sim tonight with it and everything seemed to work good. I was just going to adjust the Ravens to have the wishbone (so that Lamar runs) and the Titans to have the wing t (they throw more than run with the Steelers playbook). But I think I should be good to post the roster tomorrow. I will attach it to the first post and I will comment below when it is up.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:45 AM   #11
Pro

UPDATE - 07/31/2020:

I have attached the roster on the first post of the thread. I have made a couple adjustments this morning that hopefully help some of the schemes. I am still working on getting that to work properly for 3-4 defenses. I will reupload if I make any additional progress on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2020, 08:17 PM   #12
Pro

I also maxed out the 4 main skills for all HC’s (chemistry, play call, strategy, and performance) and have the HC’s calling the plays to make things harder as well.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:08 AM   #13
Pro

Let me know if you have any issues and/or think something needs to be adjusted.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:51 PM   #14
Pro

08/02/2020 Update

I have made some updates to schemes and playbooks to make things a little more realistic. Simmed a season and the standings were basically what you would expect in the NFL this year.

I have uploaded the updated roster file to the first post.

Last edited by Tampafan11; 08-02-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #15
Rookie

Hey Tampa. Love the update. However, when i try to go into a game, I freeze. I did exactly what you said, had a HC main roster loaded in. Went into preseason loaded up the roster. Everything sims fine, however when i try to play the game it freezes on the loading screen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2020, 04:19 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceb
Hey Tampa. Love the update. However, when i try to go into a game, I freeze. I did exactly what you said, had a HC main roster loaded in. Went into preseason loaded up the roster. Everything sims fine, however when i try to play the game it freezes on the loading screen
So the career works and lets you sim fine through the season? I haven't had any issues with it freezing when playing a game. Have you tried restarting the system?

Also, what team are you using? Are you using the actual coach or making a custom HC?

Last edited by Tampafan11; 08-02-2020 at 04:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »