Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #881
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Cowboys War Room: 2007 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
So what do you guys think of offering Romo for Cutler. Might take another pick because of the age difference.

I like Romo, but I'd do it.
I'm not trading a Pro Bowl-caliber quarterback (and a draft pick as you suggest) for a quarterback who hasn't proven much in the NFL and is a whining prima donna.

I still don't understand why Cowboys' fans by and large are so down on Tony Romo. He's unquestionably the best quarterback we've had on our team this decade, and yet he has had one sub-par season (if you want to call it that; the whole team failed to meet expectations) and we're ready to run him out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #882
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
I'm not trading a Pro Bowl-caliber quarterback (and a draft pick as you suggest) for a quarterback who hasn't proven much in the NFL and is a whining prima donna.

I still don't understand why Cowboys' fans by and large are so down on Tony Romo. He's unquestionably the best quarterback we've had on our team this decade, and yet he has had one sub-par season (if you want to call it that; the whole team failed to meet expectations) and we're ready to run him out.
Agreed, but such is the nature of being a Cowboys fan. How many called for Hambrick to be promoted over Emmitt Smith? I love the Cowboys, but the fan base sucks.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #883
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

The same fans that were ready to put Romo in the HOF just 15 minutes ago, lol.

And to be fair, that's a Pro bowl caliber QB who hasn't proven much in the NFL for a Pro bowl caliber QB who hasn't proven much in the NFL.

I'll give you the "whining prima donna" being a difference worth considering but on paper they both have the pluses and minuses you listed.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #884
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
The same fans that were ready to put Romo in the HOF just 15 minutes ago, lol.

And to be fair, that's a Pro bowl caliber QB who hasn't proven much in the NFL for a Pro bowl caliber QB who hasn't proven much in the NFL.

I'll give you the "whining prima donna" being a difference worth considering but on paper they both have the pluses and minuses you listed.
Fair enough, you do have a point. I'm just irritated at the many Cowboys' fans who seem williing to run Romo out of town after one bad season where the whole team disappointed, this a year removed from a 13-3 campaign led by a great passing offense.

If Romo struggles this upcoming season, then I might begin to listen to those calling for his head. Until then, no dice.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #885
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Fair enough, you do have a point. I'm just irritated at the many Cowboys' fans who seem williing to run Romo out of town after one bad season where the whole team disappointed, this a year removed from a 13-3 campaign led by a great passing offense.

If Romo struggles this upcoming season, then I might begin to listen to those calling for his head. Until then, no dice.
I'm with you. I never thought Romo was the second coming but he's a good enough QB who still may have potential to be more than that. Last year really wasn't even a "bad" year since he had a serious injury to his hand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #886
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I'm with you. I never thought Romo was the second coming but he's a good enough QB who still may have potential to be more than that. Last year really wasn't even a "bad" year since he had a serious injury to his hand.
Indeed not. Romo's "bad" 2008 season saw him pass for almost 3500 yards and put up a very respectable 26-14 td-int ratio.

Want more? Career numbers to date:

Cutler (21 starts) 62.5% completions; 54 tds 37 ints; 7.4 yds/att, qb rating 87.1

Romo (26 starts) 63.6% completions; 81 tds 46 ints; 8.1 yds/att, qb rating 94.7

Add to that the fact that Cutler is currently behaving like a spoiled child.

Thanks Denver, but no thanks.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #887
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Personally, I could care less who's under center as long as Garrett can help that person limit mistakes and manage the game a little better while relying on our running game and our top offensive player (Witten) more often. We run the ball more often and those play action opportunities will open up, and Roy Williams will have a fine season.

I'd certainly like to see less passing inside the redzone as the interceptions Romo has thrown there drive me crazy.

Or I'd be willing to accept a more controlled passing game. I always love the quick throws to the running back where the back heads straight up field, sets down behind the defensive line and in front of the linebackers and then catches the ball and turns it up field for a 4 or 5 yard gain. Julius Jones did that well as has Barber.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #888
Banned

OVR: 35

Romo for Cutler is the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »