Home

2007-2008 New Orleans Saints

This is a discussion on 2007-2008 New Orleans Saints within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2008, 02:14 AM   #225
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 2007-2008 New Orleans Saints

Quote:
aints Sign CB Aaron Glenn

NewOrleansSaints.com
Monday, April 07, 2008 - 5:00 PM

New Orleans Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced Monday that the club has signed unrestricted free agent cornerback Aaron Glenn.

Glenn, a 5-9, 183-pound first-round draft choice of the New York Jets in 1994 out of Texas A&M, is a 14-year veteran cornerback who has played for the Jets (1994-2001), Houston Texans (2002-2004), Dallas Cowboys (2005-2006) and most recently with the Jacksonville Jaguars (2007). He has accumulated 633 career tackles, 41 career interceptions for 560 yards and six touchdowns via interception returns. Glenn ranks fifth among active interception leaders in the NFL, trailing only Minnesota’s Darren Sharper (53), former Kansas City Chief Ty Law (52), Jacksonville’s Sammy Knight and Denver’s Champ Bailey (42 each). Glenn is one of 23 players in NFL history to have returned two interceptions for touchdowns in the same game, a feat he accomplished in 2002.

The veteran defensive back is familiar to the Saints’ coaching staff, having played for the Cowboys in 2005 when head coach Sean Payton was the assistant head coach and defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs coached the linebackers. Glenn has played in 201 career regular season games with 175 starts, including five games for Jacksonville in 2007 where he had one interception, which he returned for a touchdown.
I hope Payton doesn't think that the defense is fine now.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2008, 02:22 AM   #226
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

It's a depth signing. Nothing more.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:49 AM   #227

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
HOTTEST TRADE RUMOR

Word on the street is that the Philadelphia Eagles are looking to package veteran cornerback Lito Sheppard and the 19th overall selection in first round to move up in the draft. The target spots for the Eagles are the Baltimore Ravens with the eighth overall choice, the Buffalo Bills with the 11th overall spot in and the New Orleans Saints with the 10th pick.

The Eagles want a shot at getting one of the elite offensive tackles in the draft, and at No. 19 the Eagles feel as though they won’t get a shot at player like Ryan Clady of Boise State, Chris Williams of Vanderbilt or even Virginia offensive tackle/guard Branden Albert.

NFL analyst Mike Detillier is based in Raceland.
http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20.../1103/SPORTS02

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #228
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Our draft made me happy in the pants.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:19 PM   #229

jmood88's Arena

Yeah Payton really differentiated himself from Haslett with this draft. He actually addressed the huge needs on defense and didn't go crazy trying to get small school guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »