Home

Washington Redskins Official Thread

This is a discussion on Washington Redskins Official Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #841
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Washington Redskins Official Thread

Banks was interviewed on the radio. He said he's never raced Chris Johnson. He also said his fastest time (at the K State pro camp) was 4.24.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #842
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Banks was interviewed on the radio. He said he's never raced Chris Johnson. He also said his fastest time (at the K State pro camp) was 4.24.
thank you. i didn't think he was faster than johnson. the kid is fast, just not that fast. he may be quicker than cj though...
Old 08-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #843
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
thank you. i didn't think he was faster than johnson. the kid is fast, just not that fast. he may be quicker than cj though...
Yeah, but not like it matters anyway. He's probably faster than AP but that doesn't mean he'll be putting up AP numbers, lol.

I hope he makes the team. He grew up with Wall (reason for the Wall dance after he scored) so I'm sure he'd take to the area. Even in a small role, that's a nice connection in terms of the DC community. The Skins have been in desperate need of a special teams threat and a potential home run threat on specialty plays. That's why they threw all that money at ARE and he didn't live up to the hype (as I expected he wouldn't). I'm not trying to hype this kid up bc I don't know how good he is or could be... he only ways a buck 50 after all. But if he does succeed, it'd be a great story for him, the team and the area.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #844
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

Missed the game..just got my internet back up and running..so I wasn't able to view the game. Saw the Banks run on SC..Saw Big AL do a little something something.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #845
MVP

colkilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, but not like it matters anyway. He's probably faster than AP but that doesn't mean he'll be putting up AP numbers, lol.

I hope he makes the team. He grew up with Wall (reason for the Wall dance after he scored) so I'm sure he'd take to the area. Even in a small role, that's a nice connection in terms of the DC community. The Skins have been in desperate need of a special teams threat and a potential home run threat on specialty plays. That's why they threw all that money at ARE and he didn't live up to the hype (as I expected he wouldn't). I'm not trying to hype this kid up bc I don't know how good he is or could be... he only ways a buck 50 after all. But if he does succeed, it'd be a great story for him, the team and the area.
agreed on all fronts. if he can just be a poor man's dante hall for a few years i'll take that at this point. plus as i have said before, to be that little and go out there with the giants every week would be a great story in and of itself. the dude is the same size as my 13 year old son...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #846
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

Man, the refs were horrible last night..zero holding calls on the Ravens, which they were holding like 4 outta 5 plays..it was crazy
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #847
MVP

colkilla's Arena

yeah, the holding calls (or lack thereof) sucked, but the refs are the refs and they don't really decide the outcome. the scoreboard won't show it, but the game was WAY more competitive when the 1's were in the game. actually could have been 6-3 ravens at half. i keep seeing that mcnabb looked uncomfortable, love to see him be comfortable then. he had over 200 yards passing in the first half. he also had 6 clear drops that would have made that total even higher. davis dropped a td on the opening drive. a lot to work on but also a lot to feel positive about. the injuries could be big blows (esp moore at fs) but we'll see how that shakes out. anyone who doesn't believe the biggest stat in football is the turnover margin is clueless. LJ has no burst anymore, he probably should get cut, though i don't believe he will. if the skins kept the best 3 backs, it would be cp, torain and williams, just my opinion but that is a position where they need to get younger and now. cp to be the lead guy and groom the 2 youngsters for later. banks has made the team in my opinion, made a nice play at wr and when he had a chance a nice return to midfield, only to be negated by a penalty. bottom line is i think they will be competitive week in and week out, might as well get younger in the process. i'd keep santana and then a bunch of young guys. armstrong looks like the real deal and he is faster than he looks, gets behind the d all the time. i'd keep santana, armstrong, thomas, austin and banks. they ain't winning it all this year so i think this would be the best for the teams future, to get younger now. sorry post so long winded, mind jumping all over the place right now thinking about last night's game...
Old 08-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #848
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
yeah, the holding calls (or lack thereof) sucked, but the refs are the refs and they don't really decide the outcome. the scoreboard won't show it, but the game was WAY more competitive when the 1's were in the game. actually could have been 6-3 ravens at half. i keep seeing that mcnabb looked uncomfortable, love to see him be comfortable then. he had over 200 yards passing in the first half. he also had 6 clear drops that would have made that total even higher. davis dropped a td on the opening drive. a lot to work on but also a lot to feel positive about. the injuries could be big blows (esp moore at fs) but we'll see how that shakes out. anyone who doesn't believe the biggest stat in football is the turnover margin is clueless. LJ has no burst anymore, he probably should get cut, though i don't believe he will. if the skins kept the best 3 backs, it would be cp, torain and williams, just my opinion but that is a position where they need to get younger and now. cp to be the lead guy and groom the 2 youngsters for later. banks has made the team in my opinion, made a nice play at wr and when he had a chance a nice return to midfield, only to be negated by a penalty. bottom line is i think they will be competitive week in and week out, might as well get younger in the process. i'd keep santana and then a bunch of young guys. armstrong looks like the real deal and he is faster than he looks, gets behind the d all the time. i'd keep santana, armstrong, thomas, austin and banks. they ain't winning it all this year so i think this would be the best for the teams future, to get younger now. sorry post so long winded, mind jumping all over the place right now thinking about last night's game...
Paragraphs, colkilla... it'd make all of that a lot easier to read.

The most important point here for Skins fan (of course in THIS game I fall on the Ravens side) is what happened with the 1st teams. Like you said, it was pretty close. The Ravens are DEEP. They have players at pretty much every position that should have them outmanning just about any other team when the 2nd and 3rd stringers come in... especially on the D line and LBs. Makes it hard to really judge them or who they're playing after the starters start coming out.

LJ looked bad but the line wasn't doing him any favors. It's not really fair to judge him on his first time against the starters being against the Ravens defense. Lets see what the next game looks like (Jets and he won't get many touches against the first team but still) but he really did look horrible.

McNabb looked bad too (overall). He just left a team with Desean Jackson and Maclin... why in the Hell is he underthrowing guys? Even the bomb that was complete should've been a td if he just put it out there some more, and he needed air under most of his other deep passes. With that said, avoiding pressure was great and he had some nice connections to Moss. That was good to see.

As for the WRs, Galloway won't be cut bc he's there to help the young kids learn. Poor Kelly... I bet he becomes productive on another team, pissing off all Skins fans for years to come but it doesn't look good for him at this point. I like Banks a lot.

Final note, drama aside, I'm anxious to see the first string D with big Al in there. I think people are sleeping on the Skins D. Losing Moore could hurt (especially if they rotate strong safeties in that spot like they've done in the past) but other than that the secondary and LBs are solid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »