Home

Official New York Jets Thread

This is a discussion on Official New York Jets Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #73
Banned

NYJetsfan's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official New York Jets Thread

The Jets are reportedly going to have around $51 million in cap room going into the 2014 season. That is staggering considering where things were going into this season. Now some of that money will go to resigning Wilkerson, but he's literally the only player worth a damn they will need to worry about going into 2014. Mangold's deal is up after 2015, so they could try and get that done a year early with all that cap space as well.

Idzik is truly working some magic.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #74
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

As a Jet fan there's no reason to even have Sanchez on your roster. He has the lower QBR of any QB the last 4 years. He's gotten projessivley worse every year since his rookie year.

Sometimes you gotta cut dead weight and Sanchez is the heaviest on the roster. Time to cut ties...

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #75
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
As a Jet fan there's no reason to even have Sanchez on your roster. He has the lower QBR of any QB the last 4 years. He's gotten projessivley worse every year since his rookie year.

Sometimes you gotta cut dead weight and Sanchez is the heaviest on the roster. Time to cut ties...
I disagree.

He has value, even as bad as his contract is.

Any GM worth his salt would not just jettison him away without looking for value back. If all you can get for him is a 7th pick, even that is worth something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #76
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I disagree.

He has value, even as bad as his contract is.

Any GM worth his salt would not just jettison him away without looking for value back. If all you can get for him is a 7th pick, even that is worth something.
I agree, but who's going to give up a 7th for a QB that's on the decline? All the teams who might be interested have already gotten a younger, less expense rookie or back up. Tell me one team willing to give up something for him?

Quote:
Old 04-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #77
Banned

NYJetsfan's Arena

Quote:
I agree, but who's going to give up a 7th for a QB that's on the decline? All the teams who might be interested have already gotten a younger, less expense rookie or back up. Tell me one team willing to give up something for him?
My friend and I were just talking about this yesterday. If he can be rebuilt, Sanchez still has value. Take a team like the Vikings. At his best, he's better than Ponder. Does that say much? No. Is Sanchez at his best right now? Of course not. But he's worth a 7th rounder to find out I'd think.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #78
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
You never know. The Bengals fleeced the Raiders for Carson Palmer.

A team without a viable backup QB could see their starter go down with an injury.

I just think you don't cut a guy just for the sake of cutting him unless he becomes a distraction or something. Especially to take such a large cap hit for it.

I don't think there will be any takers for Sanchez. But getting rid of him for nothing at this point of the offseason doesn't make sense.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #79
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJetsfan
My friend and I were just talking about this yesterday. If he can be rebuilt, Sanchez still has value. Take a team like the Vikings. At his best, he's better than Ponder. Does that say much? No. Is Sanchez at his best right now? Of course not. But he's worth a 7th rounder to find out I'd think.
Understandable, but lets be realistic. If they really thought they could get something for him don't you think they were already looking? Especially after drafting Geno, they had to be thinking they could get something.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #80
Banned

NYJetsfan's Arena

Quote:
Understandable, but lets be realistic. If they really thought they could get something for him don't you think they were already looking? Especially after drafting Geno, they had to be thinking they could get something.
He's more desirable after this year, contract wise. Do I really think they will get something? No, but I also didn't think Geno Smith would drop to the 2nd round either. Crazy things happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »