Home

The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #225
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

I actually liked Blount because he fit the scheme. Damn. Steelers come first
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #226
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I actually liked Blount because he fit the scheme. Damn. Steelers come first
same here,I thought the "2 headed monster" that reared it's head against Carolina was going to be a glimpse of things to come.

As we know though,Pittsburgh doesn't keep around folks that show bad character.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #227
Banned

OVR: 0

Good riddance. He was a scumbag and we don't need any more of his crap. Considering NE let him walk with no issue, despite him doing well for them, and then he gets arrested before the season even begins (while dragging Bell with him), and now he's being a punk about his supposed "friend" Bell having a 200 yard rushing performance, it goes to show exactly the kind of character he has. Like, this was a chance for him to prove that he ISN'T that guy...and he does the complete opposite.

Wherever he goes, it'll be the same story.

Steelers signed Ladarius Perkins as well.

Last edited by godway; 11-19-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #228
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Draft Corners, all of them .
Old 12-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #229
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Draft Corners, all of them .
LOL

It's time Tomlin steps in and takes charge. This loyalty card has been played for far too long. There's no way Ike should be playing. From what I've seen, Blake and and Brice can handle that position much better. I would also look at sitting Troy with either Shamarko or Allen watching over that spot. It really can't be any worse. There is no way these guys can watch film and think they are helping the team. We all appreciate what they've done in the past, but it's obvious they are both done.

With playoffs in sight, now is the time. When Ben and the O is off, we've already seen the results, and it's not pretty.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #230
Banned

Eh, there's no point in assuming this current unit will ever be "good". Their absolute best-case scenario right now is the offense having a good game, and the defense being opportunistic, despite still giving up yards/points. Like they were in the Indy/Baltimore/Cinci games. They didn't play well, they still got beat up, but they did make a few opportunistic plays to make it easier on their offense.

The team lives and dies through the offense, period. That's why we keep losing to garbage teams, because you're relying on a hack like Haley to call these games. The D needs at least 2-4 years of hits in the draft to become a great defense again. Because they drafted Worilds/Jones when they still had Woodley and Harrison, and guess what, neither one of them look like they're going to be the future. I'd say in Worilds case, he is most definitely not going to be the future. While Jones has shown next to nothing. And they have holes EVERYWHERE on defense. Their best CB is still William Gay, who is a glorified scrub playing above his head, with scrubs around him on both sides. Troy is completely done and proved that on Sunday. Mitchell sucks and I don't see much future for him here. We don't have a dominant OLB. We don't have a dominate DE. We don't have a dominant NT. We have a decent ILB. That pretty much sums up our defense. That is A LOT of holes. Some which can be filled through free agency.

This off season is going to be goodbye to Ike, Troy, Keisel, Harrison, maybe Cortez, maybe even Mitchell, and hopefully Dick LeBeau. While we're going to struggle out of the gate, it's all needed struggles to get better. This was the year where you had to come to terms with reality if you're in the Steelers organization and say "We are not going to win again with this group, the window has closed." And stop being stingy with the money. Spend on free agents, it's the only way you're going to be able to put a team around Ben Roethlisberger and win another SB before he's gone.

Last edited by godway; 12-08-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:10 AM   #231
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
Eh, there's no point in assuming this current unit will ever be "good". Their absolute best-case scenario right now is the offense having a good game, and the defense being opportunistic, despite still giving up yards/points. Like they were in the Indy/Baltimore/Cinci games. They didn't play well, they still got beat up, but they did make a few opportunistic plays to make it easier on their offense.

The team lives and dies through the offense, period. That's why we keep losing to garbage teams, because you're relying on a hack like Haley to call these games. The D needs at least 2-4 years of hits in the draft to become a great defense again. Because they drafted Worilds/Jones when they still had Woodley and Harrison, and guess what, neither one of them look like they're going to be the future. I'd say in Worilds case, he is most definitely not going to be the future. While Jones has shown next to nothing. And they have holes EVERYWHERE on defense. Their best CB is still William Gay, who is a glorified scrub playing above his head, with scrubs around him on both sides. Troy is completely done and proved that on Sunday. Mitchell sucks and I don't see much future for him here. We don't have a dominant OLB. We don't have a dominate DE. We don't have a dominant NT. We have a decent ILB. That pretty much sums up our defense. That is A LOT of holes. Some which can be filled through free agency.

This off season is going to be goodbye to Ike, Troy, Keisel, Harrison, maybe Cortez, maybe even Mitchell, and hopefully Dick LeBeau. While we're going to struggle out of the gate, it's all needed struggles to get better. This was the year where you had to come to terms with reality if you're in the Steelers organization and say "We are not going to win again with this group, the window has closed." And stop being stingy with the money. Spend on free agents, it's the only way you're going to be able to put a team around Ben Roethlisberger and win another SB before he's gone.
I wish they could get rid of Cortez but I think his fresh contract would make it different. I still can't believe they signed him before the season instead of making him play the year out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #232
Banned

He was the worst CB in the NFL this season if you go off of PFF, and I tend to think they might be onto something given the eye test on him this year. When Ike was coming up he had his struggles, but he was never quite this terrible for long stretches of time.

If Cortez shows up this off season and doesn't convince them he's going to live up to his contract and turn it into a discount, then I could definitely see them showing him the door. They have complete and total scrubs outplaying him on this defense, simply because they're playing for jobs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »