Home

ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2018-19 Roster Development Thread

This is a discussion on ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2018-19 Roster Development Thread within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2019, 02:07 AM   #177
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2018-19 Roster Development Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
So have your theories proven correct? Are things going well with the work?
It is a very slow and time consuming process, I considered posting a work in progress file to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the project. So far, Anaheim, Atlanta (Winnipeg), Boston, Buffalo and Calgary are finished.

I'm basically porting Snowdrift's last roster directly and then I'm gonna work the trade deadline moves afterwards. I fear I might not be done until the beginning of next season. if Snowdrift puts out a file for next year I'll at least have the ground work set to update to reflect his next work.

I love ESPN NHL 2K5 and I have put an absurd amount of time in it over the last year. I just wish things could be done faster and more prompt. I've done so much roster editing I haven't gotten to spend as much time in-game.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers (since 2004)
MLB - New York Yankees (since 2004)
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans (since 2004)
XFL - Seattle Dragons (since 2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #178
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Well I've decided to put this on hiatus again.

I've thought about a lot of things and one of them was taking my last released roster and making transactions on it. just to throw the community a bone and apologize for my work not advancing at the rate I'd hoped.

In my frustrations of working on this game I wanted a bit of an escape, I picked up NHL 2K on the Dreamcast and it's crazy to see how far this series went.

During this hiatus, I'm gonna work on NHL 2K8 rosters a bit (I may even make my own)

I've decided to make what I worked on public, it is a direct port of snowdrift's last NHL 2K8 rosters and Anaheim, Atlanta (Winnipeg), Boston, Buffalo, Calgary and Carolina are playable.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNHL2K5_RosterRemake.zip (225.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by WWEDX2007; 07-10-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:51 PM   #179
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
Well I've decided to put this on hiatus again.
Well, that's a shame but I totally understand. And I appreciate the effort you've already put in despite the frequent problems you've had with it. So, is there any version of your rosters at all that permit playing at least a single season without problems or is that simply something you never figured out?
Old 09-10-2019, 10:56 AM   #180
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Because I can never stay away from this game for long, I've made a blank roster template I've been tweaking at during my spare time. this template works within the confines of the original game (no likeness changes) and safely simulates for multiple seasons at a time in Season/Franchise.

I've made a few decisions in regards to the future of rosters on this game made by me, I'm de-emphasizing the importance of likenesses. I'll only focus on making sure skin color is right for the future.

Also, I will no longer be using anyone's attribute templates or Snowdrift's from his rosters. I'm gonna be rating players from scratch on my own formula which involves watching videos online, looking at stats from the last season and the descriptions of the attributes offered by NHL 2K8. I feel that this will not only speed up the process of working on rosters but will also forge my own path in regards to making rosters.

I can't guarantee a update will come this season but I'm basically informing you guys I'm still tweaking with it in hopes that one day there will be.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #181
MVP

Quote:
I can't guarantee a update will come this season but I'm basically informing you guys I'm still tweaking with it in hopes that one day there will be.
Fantastic fantastic news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 03:58 AM   #182
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

I've made a discovery, remember when it was discovered created teams crash franchise mode even on default rosters?

Well, it turns out you can play regular season mode as a created team with no crashes. so I will add that as a disclaimer if we ever reach a point where we have stable rosters.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:32 AM   #183
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Development Update: I have shifted work of the rosters to Xbox 360 because I get better video quality out of the console, 2K5 seems to run fine with very limited graphical issues (stuff that I barely notice considering I spend most of my time in the menus anyway) I lost no progress in the transition as everything I was working on with the original Xbox was brought over to 360 via Xplorer 360. This should be no cause for concern for original Xbox players as it will still work on both consoles regardless.

I have created, rated and verified information of 113 skaters in my free time so far, mostly focusing on the big names of the league. No timetable on finishing it but I'm basically giving a confirmation that work hasn't ceased.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:09 PM   #184
MVP

Quote:
Development Update: I have shifted work of the rosters to Xbox 360 because I get better video quality out of the console, 2K5 seems to run fine with very limited graphical issues (stuff that I barely notice considering I spend most of my time in the menus anyway) I lost no progress in the transition as everything I was working on with the original Xbox was brought over to 360 via Xplorer 360.
Well, this is good news for me because my XBOX has developed some sort of power issue recently so I'm going to have to play on my 360 like I do for NFL2K5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »