Home

Old 10-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Conan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
It's only single player from what I can tell.

Don't confuse it with the Conan MMO that's coming up; this is not that Hibernian Adventures game. There are two Conan games--this is the single player hack and slash.
I was definitely thinking about the MMO one. I haven't even heard of this one then. Alright Tcrouch...what's the story?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #18
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Think of a God of War rip off in the Conan universe. It's fun, but unless you're heavily into Conan (it basically taught me how to draw when I was a kid reading the old black and white comics, so I really get into anything Conan), it's probably a rental style.

Some of the kills are pretty sweet, with it going all slow-mo and limbs getting chopped off and bodies flying. It's a single player action game through and through. A pretty good, albeit short (it sounds like), action game, but still a hack n' slash.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

Yeah, I go back to the John Buscema days of Conan (he was the best Conan artist to me). I am a big fan so I may purchase the game. I wish one day Marvel will do a Conan animated movie, like they have done with Dr. Strange, Iron Man, and the Avengers. I would like the Conan dvd to be rated R so that fans can get the full effect.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #20
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

i hope this game has the conan soundtrack somehow involved in it
Old 10-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

No answer to my question about how Diablo like it is?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #22
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

The demo had its moment. I was very impressed with the animation, it was fantastic.

Looks like it might get repetitive though. Being able to pick up enemy weapons is cool though. I like that one heavy sword, it is brutal.

I couldn't help but notice how absolutely terrible the water looks in the game. Granted, you only get a quick glimpse of it in the demo and it is out of the way, but wow, after the great looking water in Bioshock and Halo 3, the Conan water looked right out of PS1 game.

Sorry, weird things like that jump out at me.

The charcater animation was really, really impressive though.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #23
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
No answer to my question about how Diablo like it is?
It's not a point and click kind of game.

You run around doing the hack'n'slah kind of deal hitting the face buttons. Think your Prince of Persia, God of War, Heavenly Sword... There's really nothing that has Diablo to it.

There's very few console games that are like Diablo in terms of killing people and getting items after kills and having a skill tree to level up. The only games of the sort that I can think of off the top of my head are: Marvel Alliance, Baldurs Gate, Champions of Norath, D&D Heroes.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXZeke
It's not a point and click kind of game.

You run around doing the hack'n'slah kind of deal hitting the face buttons. Think your Prince of Persia, God of War, Heavenly Sword... There's really nothing that has Diablo to it.

There's very few console games that are like Diablo in terms of killing people and getting items after kills and having a skill tree to level up. The only games of the sort that I can think of off the top of my head are: Marvel Alliance, Baldurs Gate, Champions of Norath, D&D Heroes.
Thanks but I meant visually does the game look like Diablo, not in how it plays.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »