Home

Old 10-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #25
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Conan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXZeke
It's not a point and click kind of game.

You run around doing the hack'n'slah kind of deal hitting the face buttons. Think your Prince of Persia, God of War, Heavenly Sword... There's really nothing that has Diablo to it.

There's very few console games that are like Diablo in terms of killing people and getting items after kills and having a skill tree to level up. The only games of the sort that I can think of off the top of my head are: Marvel Alliance, Baldurs Gate, Champions of Norath, D&D Heroes.
Champions of Norrath is a great game. Wasted so many hours on it and its sequel...

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #26
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Thanks but I meant visually does the game look like Diablo, not in how it plays.
Not even in the same boat. If you played God of War, you have an idea of what it aspires to be. Diablo was a click fest...in Conan you're using a lot more blocks and counters, with timed button presses for specific finishers after a counter, etc. You had no counters in Diablo except running out of the way of a spell or out of range of melee.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Not even in the same boat. If you played God of War, you have an idea of what it aspires to be. Diablo was a click fest...in Conan you're using a lot more blocks and counters, with timed button presses for specific finishers after a counter, etc. You had no counters in Diablo except running out of the way of a spell or out of range of melee.
Dude, again, you're talking about clicks and button presses, that's not visual, i'm just talking about the camera viewpoint and character models, etc. You know, the visuals..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #28
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Dude, again, you're talking about clicks and button presses, that's not visual, i'm just talking about the camera viewpoint and character models, etc. You know, the visuals..
I really did not notice any resemblence to Diablo visually while playing Conan. Conan's camera view is much closer to the action and obviously, alot more detailed.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
I really did not notice any resemblence to Diablo visually while playing Conan. Conan's camera view is much closer to the action and obviously, alot more detailed.
Alright cool, thanks!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #30
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

No, it's not even close. It doesn't have the same atmosphere. I would think it is very close to a visual pairing of God of War and a Renaissance Fair. We haven't seen all of the enemies, but I don't think they will have the variety of or D&Dness of Diablo.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #31
All Star

OVR: 21

Really liked the demo and trailer; defintely reminds me some of GoW. Graphics and animations are very nice. There are WAY too many good games coming out this Fall

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 18

I am confused. What Conan game is this?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26169.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »