Home

Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)

This is a discussion on Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)

I always wanted to try this game out. too bad its on wii
Old 04-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Me?

shon's Arena

OVR: 5

I've tried the PSP games but never stuck with them but I went ahead and picked up the Wii version and I've played about 6 hours so far and it's keeping me interested. I got the bundle with the controller and the classic pro is nice and feels good in the hands.

The graphics are only so-so and for some reason the text was a little blurry not bad but it is in a small font. The animations and character designs are well done and the equipment you buy and forge does show on your character. There is a lot of loading as it the map is like the PSP version, the starting areas are really small and you will wait 2-6 seconds for the next area to load. There may be big areas later since I just opened up the desert area.

They do a good job of stepping new comers into this complex world. The tutorial missions are well done and they give you good hints on what to do and how to do things.
The combat is really fun but you don't have a lock-on mode which does let you target different parts could frustrate some players since you could be swinging at nothing a lot of the time. This is a patient game so you must watch and learn how the monsters fight and react there are no meters for health so you must watch for signs and a monster could run away if he takes too much damage and you must chase him to another area.

I tried the arena mode where you face a boss monster and have a time limit or pass out 3 times where you can gain some items and other things. I hopped on multiplayer just for a couple of minutes but I don't have Wii speak so I just went into the different menu options and saw a lot of people playing.

I liked what I saw and am enjoying the game but it does take time and there is a lot to learn, you have a garden where you can cultivate plants and an insect farm as well for fishing. There is just so much to do and consider that you will need to put some time into it to get something out of it.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I agree with you. First Monster Hunter game and seems fun. A little slow at first, but I'm still doing all the tutorial type stuff and am not into the questing part where it picks up. I hope once I get past this stuff it is a lot cooler.

A lock on type thing would be great, I agree.

I like the new classic controller (one reason I got the game, I wanted it anyways and why not get a cool game with it).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »