Home

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3/Vita/360)

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3/Vita/360) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #81
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24
re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3/Vita/360)

I have not played any of the games in this series. I'm thinking about picking this up today though. Heard so many good things about the series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #82
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
I have not played any of the games in this series. I'm thinking about picking this up today though. Heard so many good things about the series.
If you don't mind long cut-scenes (which are second to none) and can understand the storyline(this also) then you won't regret it.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #83
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3

I just picked this up today, and re-bought MGS4 used. I missed playing MGS3 otherwise, i've played all the games in the series...so the question is, what is the best order to play them in? Deep down I want to play them in the order they were released but chronologically MGS3 is the first one in the series. I just can't decide...
Old 11-17-2011, 12:07 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
I just picked this up today, and re-bought MGS4 used. I missed playing MGS3 otherwise, i've played all the games in the series...so the question is, what is the best order to play them in? Deep down I want to play them in the order they were released but chronologically MGS3 is the first one in the series. I just can't decide...
Personally I'm playing MGS3 first. Like you, I've played and beaten all 4 numbered ones (have not beaten PW, though I have played it a lot), so playing the first chronological game first might give a slightly different perspective on the series.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #85
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Personally I'm playing MGS3 first. Like you, I've played and beaten all 4 numbered ones (have not beaten PW, though I have played it a lot), so playing the first chronological game first might give a slightly different perspective on the series.
bc, I was originally going to do that too play MGS3 first, then PW, then MGS2. I decided to play MGS2 first since its the oldest and has some tank controls that I do not want to play after the awesome controls of MGS3 and PW. I've decided to get MGS2 out of the way first. I bet the story makes much better sense playing MGS3 > PW > MGS2.

My only beef with MGS2 is that I keep hitting the right stick in hopes of rotating the camera. LOL! I never beat MGS2 upon original release and I am quite intrigued with where the story is going for this one. I love Iroquois Pliskin , LOL! Funny thing is that Kojima so much loves Escape from NY that he would use the Pliskin name and even a few concepts from the film made it into the MGS universe.

I really like Raiden here and doesn't bother me not using Snake, even though it would be much cooler to be Snake. My only concern with MGR is that with Raiden being the lead, do we lose the awesome gameplay of the past MGS world?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #86
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Ever since I saw what Raiden can do in MGS4, I've been dying to play as him. However, I do think MGR will do away with the foundation of MGS: stealth gameplay. I think that would take a lot to get used to. I am also not so clear on his story in MGS2, so I'm hoping Rising will shed some light on that. MGS2 leaves me with a heap of questions even to this day. While the game and story were great, Kojima went right over my head on this one. LOL. Storylines on MGS 1 & 3 were just masterpieces.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile

Last edited by ScoobySnax; 11-17-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #87
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
Ever since I saw what Raiden can do in MGS4, I've been dying to play as him. However, I do think MGR will do away with the foundation of MGS: stealth gameplay. I think that would take a lot to get used to. I am also not so clear on his story in MGS2, so I'm hoping Rising will shed some light on that. MGS2 leaves me with a heap of questions even to this day. While the game and story were great, Kojima went right over my head on this one. LOL. Storylines on MGS 1 & 3 were just masterpieces.
I agree. I'd love for Kojima to just reboot this franchise starting with the original Metal Gear games and actually take the good out of all the Metal Gear games making one badass franchise. Do away with the clones, clear up some of the convoluted plotholes, super extended cutscenes, etc. and I think we are in business. Regardless of some of my beefs, I still enjoy this franchise a lot.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I wish I'd have known how useful the analyser is for spotting hiding enemies on my PSP playthrough...
Peace Walker is WAY easier on the PS3 as opposed to the portable. A good part of the difficulty on PSP was having to manipulate the camera, and with that mapped to the right stick, it's much easier to check all around you for enemies. The bosses are as durable as ever (especially when playing solo), but as long as you go in with the right equipment it shouldn't be overly frustrating to beat them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »