Home

the pinball arcade: trying to bring epic table "twilight zone" to digital life

This is a discussion on the pinball arcade: trying to bring epic table "twilight zone" to digital life within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: the pinball arcade: trying to bring epic table "twilight zone" to digital life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
All I see is a company that doesn't want to take a risk. And yeah, I also see this as setting a bad precedence. As much as I love pinball, and as much as I support Farsight, asking your "fans" to donate money so you don't have to take on as much risk just doesn't sit right. If they at least were giving up some percentage on the table for people who give money.

the only other alternative is the table never sees the light of day (in official digital form).
Old 05-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: the pinball arcade: trying to bring epic table "twilight zone" to digital life

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock
the only other alternative is the table never sees the light of day (in official digital form).
I don't think it's the *only* one. I would've liked to see them build a following with the tables they don't have to spend big bucks on licensing, generate a following and then take a chance with a table they'd need to gamble on. Instead, they have the fans giving them the money. Which is fine I guess....go ahead and donate $10+, I'll thank you for it when it goes on sale for $2.99.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I don't think it's the *only* one. I would've liked to see them build a following with the tables they don't have to spend big bucks on licensing, generate a following and then take a chance with a table they'd need to gamble on. Instead, they have the fans giving them the money. Which is fine I guess....go ahead and donate $10+, I'll thank you for it when it goes on sale for $2.99.

or you could take a stand and not buy the table.

food for thought.

as for the non-licensed tables, they are still working on those and still have more to come...hell, there are 4 tables ready to go and simply waiting on microsoft/sony approval for release. this whole TZ thing happened as a direct result of the fans ASKING for it....repeatedly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #12
Rookie

Icon14 Re: the pinball arcade: trying to bring epic table "twilight zone" to digital life

just got word from one of the farsight dudes on the kickstarter page that camera angles are being addressed in the new update (already up for approval to microsoft/sony).

i couldn't stand the fact that the tables forced you into the multiball camera angle....apparently, that is coming to an end.

say what you want about them......they're definitely listening to their fans. good stuff!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:10 AM   #13
Rookie

for anybody holding off on pledging due to the initial lack of a free 360 version of the table.......

they just announced that they have worked out a deal with microsoft in which the table will be available as a reward DLC.

good stuff.

and they're just a shade under $10K left to go with 17 days left......looks like this is gonna happen. awesome.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock
for anybody holding off on pledging due to the initial lack of a free 360 version of the table.......

they just announced that they have worked out a deal with microsoft in which the table will be available as a reward DLC.

good stuff.

and they're just a shade under $10K left to go with 17 days left......looks like this is gonna happen. awesome.
Where do you see that at?

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 05-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Where do you see that at?
update #4. also in the first FAQ.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
Rookie

they just hit $50K. w00t!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »