Home

Final Fantasy XV

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy XV within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Final Fantasy XV

I wasn't a huge fan of 12, but I never finished it either as during Xmas vacation I was playing it in the car thanks to some fancy setups and it got stolen.

The story in that one was just so boring from what I remember

Last edited by Chrisksaint; 06-23-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #18
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
There are still at least 3 FFs I'd put in a class way above 12 though.
Everyone has their own tastes. I absolutely hated 9. It was so lame and juvenile, especially after how much of a step forward they'd taken with 7 and 8. It was like a bad Disney movie. There seemed to be this natural progression that they'd taken with the US releases of 1,2,3,7,8.....then.....that steaming pile of crap. Square redeemed themselves with X and 12.

For me, the great appeal of 12 was the wide array of ways the you could form your party and choose to battle enemies. It was so much fun to dedicate one character as a healer, and just go to town with the others. Huge landscape, sooooo many subquests, places you could go back and back and back to.....and they took all of that away with 13. It was hearbreaking.

13 was "you'll do things our way and ONLY our way", which was very different than the way Id been playing the games for 20 years leading up to that point.

Last edited by Unlucky 13; 06-23-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
.....and they took all of that away with 13. It was hearbreaking.

13 was "you'll do things our way and ONLY our way", which was very different than the way Id been playing the games for 20 years leading up to that point.
The post-game in 13 wasn't like that, but your point is well-taken...if the game only opens up 50-hrs later after you beat the thing, I would imagine most people would have given up long before then. But I will say that for those that persevered (or enjoyed it, as I did), the post-game was a ton of fun. The battle system really shows what it was meant to be like fighting some of those monsters (having to utlilize sentinels, for one thing), and when you got good and were swapping paradigms between enemy moves and timing it for huge hits before turtle-ing back up, it got really satisfying. Just trying to take down an adamantoise (not using the Vanille death method) could be a mini-game in itself.

But as I mentioned, FF is always changing, so I'll definitely give XV a try. It's coming out for both next-gen systems, I think?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #20

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
The post-game in 13 wasn't like that, but your point is well-taken...if the game only opens up 50-hrs later after you beat the thing, I would imagine most people would have given up long before then. But I will say that for those that persevered (or enjoyed it, as I did), the post-game was a ton of fun. The battle system really shows what it was meant to be like fighting some of those monsters (having to utlilize sentinels, for one thing), and when you got good and were swapping paradigms between enemy moves and timing it for huge hits before turtle-ing back up, it got really satisfying. Just trying to take down an adamantoise (not using the Vanille death method) could be a mini-game in itself.

But as I mentioned, FF is always changing, so I'll definitely give XV a try. It's coming out for both next-gen systems, I think?
It should be. Kingdom Hearts is on both systems, so I'm 99% sure FFXV is as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #21
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
But I will say that for those that persevered (or enjoyed it, as I did), the post-game was a ton of fun. The battle system really shows what it was meant to be like fighting some of those monsters (having to utlilize sentinels, for one thing), and when you got good and were swapping paradigms between enemy moves and timing it for huge hits before turtle-ing back up, it got really satisfying
Well, I completed the game....did most of what it had to offer....just unsatisfying. Im hoping that they listen to all of the comments from fans and XV gets closer to what previous games were....but early indications are that it wont.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Well, I completed the game....did most of what it had to offer....just unsatisfying. Im hoping that they listen to all of the comments from fans and XV gets closer to what previous games were....but early indications are that it wont.
Understand your point of view, but to me, I think they listened too much to their vocal minority fans after FFXIII (which I really liked a lot), and the result was FFXIII-2, which I felt like was just one compromise after another. To me, the story/characters is always the most important thing in a FF, followed closely by the battle system. Everything else is secondary, IMO. I thought FFXIII did those things well, and sacrificed a lot of the bells & whistles in the process.

But, I think XV looks intruiging, and we should have some sense of how that battle system will work after XIII-3 comes out.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #23
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Old 09-18-2014, 05:09 AM   #24

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Le sigh.

Another garbage-*** Final Fantasy game that I will play because it has the name 'Final Fantasy' on it.

**** you, SquEnix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »