Home

Final Fantasy XV

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy XV within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #25
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Final Fantasy XV

I remain interested, but not excited. At this point, I'm looking forward to Dragon Age 3 10x more than FF15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #26
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Driving around in a convertible in Final Fantasy? Fighting wild animals and soldiers? ehh, no thanks.

Looks like I'll have to go pull out FF 7-10 to replay to remember how good this series USED to be...

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 09-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #27
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Yea, this trailer didn't do much for me. Since it's Final Fantasy i'll probably play though. I made it through the 13 series, i'll make it though this one.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #28
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Soo it's Kingdom Hearts basically now? Now don't get me wrong those games are incredibly fun and some of my favorite games ever, but man this isn't Final Fantasy.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #29
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Soo it's Kingdom Hearts basically now? Now don't get me wrong those games are incredibly fun and some of my favorite games ever, but man this isn't Final Fantasy.
I agree with you. The series progressed and got better, and seemed to be one continuous evolution through its peak, FF12. Then it disapeared for the majority of the PS3/XBOX360 generation, only to come out with the depressingly hollow 13, barely-there 13-2, and the joke that was 13-3.

15 looks like it may be a good game. Too early to judge really. But it doesn't look anything like the games that I loved playing from 1989-2006. I'd so hoped that with the new, powerful technology that consoles have, Square would run with it, and make beautiful visuals and fun gameplay to go with their always excellent characters and exploration, deep leveling system, and extensive weapons and armor. They've just totally dropped the ball for most of the last decade.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #30
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

I prefer the "Tales of..." series over Final Fantasy now
Old 09-18-2014, 10:55 PM   #31

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I agree with you. The series progressed and got better, and seemed to be one continuous evolution through its peak, FF12. Then it disapeared for the majority of the PS3/XBOX360 generation, only to come out with the depressingly hollow 13, barely-there 13-2, and the joke that was 13-3.

15 looks like it may be a good game. Too early to judge really. But it doesn't look anything like the games that I loved playing from 1989-2006. I'd so hoped that with the new, powerful technology that consoles have, Square would run with it, and make beautiful visuals and fun gameplay to go with their always excellent characters and exploration, deep leveling system, and extensive weapons and armor. They've just totally dropped the ball for most of the last decade.
12 as a peak? Brave man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 12:53 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by V!n$an!+y
I prefer the "Tales of..." series over Final Fantasy now
Ironically, this is exactly why I feel like I could handle a real-time battle FF a little better now. Tales games are all real-time battles with the buttons you press corresponding directly to a certain move or attack. The only downtime is when you pause to use items (and even that can be automated in the most recent Tales games).

I don't know....I'm on the fence as far as FFXV goes. I didn't particularly enjoy 13 and still haven't even played LR. So the series is going to have to win me back a bit. Those graphics though....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »