Home

No Man's Sky

This is a discussion on No Man's Sky within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2016, 09:02 PM   #145
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No Man's Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Betas aren't free, and they're still a small indie dev, I'm not expecting one.

I think the mystique adds up to a lot of day 1/week 1 sales, and could see a demo/beta being detrimental and satisfying the curiosity.
I understand that a early build beta or beta in general could be bad for the game, but even so being able to play the game, even a tiny part would be beneficial for both sides. I'm not talking about half the game features available in the beta, but exploring maybe 1-2 planets would do wonders for people curiosity. That nothing compared to the millions of planets they created.

I only played a few hours of the division beta and that was some of the most fun I had playing a game in a long time. Most of the people that played it enjoyed the beta as well. I'm pretty sure the The Division beta help people decide if their getting the game or not. So I don't see it having the opposite effect with a game like No Man Sky which is supposed to have even more content than a game like The Division. Unless there isn't much to the game other than exploration.

I know it a lot asking a small dev team to come up with a beta, and it probably not going to happen since their most likely finishing up the game. Just gotta hope the game lives up to the hype for people.

The only problem I have so far with the game is not being able to build a ship, and no type of transportation on planets. I haven't seen anything regarding being able to fly your ship around the planet atmosphere and this has me worried a little, since I usually forget where I place things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #146
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Not sure I could be more excited about this game. Every new bit I read or see in a video is awesome. I think I'm gonna avoid videos from here on out so it's as fresh and as unexpected as possible for me when it launches.

My only dilemma is deciding between ps4 or PC. Would be cool to try and find other OSers in the universe or visit planets they altered, but for a game like this the performance advantages on PC hard to pass up
Will definitely be on the PC because well, I don't own current gen consoles.

I'm getting more and more excited for this game after it not really being on my radar when it was announced. Really curious to see if it has some real longevity to it, something that makes you want to keep exploring system after system. Steam says you need 10GB of space for it so I wonder with that relatively small size how long can one play before it becomes crazy repetitive and one starts noticing the same patterns in all the different planets.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 03-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #147
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Will definitely be on the PC because well, I don't own current gen consoles.

I'm getting more and more excited for this game after it not really being on my radar when it was announced. Really curious to see if it has some real longevity to it, something that makes you want to keep exploring system after system. Steam says you need 10GB of space for it so I wonder with that relatively small size how long can one play before it becomes crazy repetitive and one starts noticing the same patterns in all the different planets.
Heard the Dev say 9 in 10 planets have no life on it. Not sure if this mean animal life or other species to talk to. I just hope it species to talk to, because that 90% of the planet's with just materials to farm. Co-op/Multiplayer is non-existent since they said you have a .1% chance of finding someone else (Could be 1%). It not a deal breaker if it doesn't have multiplayer, but it would add on to the longevity of the game exploring with friends, and creating raiding groups to attack big fleets and military ships. 10GB is way to low for how big each planet is and the number of planets they have.

The closer it gets to release, the more excited I get, but also the more worried I get for the longevity of the game. In my opinion all the information they released in the last 2 year's has been the same, just worded different. A lot of this has to do with the journalist asking the same question over and over.

Last edited by TrustedDegree4; 03-09-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:03 PM   #148
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

The size of a procedurally generated game is very misleading.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2016, 05:49 PM   #149
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Still wish some questions the previewers would've asked;

1- If I arrive and discover planet "X". Name it, and document it in their database, and decide to stay there for awhile, would someone who can now see it, set a course to that planet, arrive, and meet me there? If no, why not?

2- What happens if I die? Where do you re-spawn?

I did read that we all start with a basic small ship. For us to travel to different galaxies we will need to upgrade our combat defenses, speed technology, as well as protection against all the bio-hazard conditions in space and on planets for our new ship to travel. I'm going to upgrade by purchasing the $80 retail just so I have this upgraded ship at the start.

I'm not going to worry about buyers remorse. If it doesn't fit my expectations it will be used as trade-bait for a game coming out later this year. Hype level still at 10 for me!

Last edited by Picci; 03-09-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #150
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

I'm guessing meeting up with people is achievable, just that it may take a few months to actually meet in game.

As for death penalty, I don't see it making you start over, since that would discourage people to quit or become more passive.

Cant wait to see the names people come up with since I'm bad with naming things.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #151
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Holy crap. This game looks insane!!!!

On my list.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2016, 02:31 PM   #152
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm not sold on finding other people being as impossible as it's sounding, I'm gonna bet people figure out a way to meet up in the game

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »