Home

Anthem (PS4,X1,PC)

This is a discussion on Anthem (PS4,X1,PC) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anthem (PS4,X1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Needless to say, Bioware is basically dead.
They've been dead for a long time now. Probably since the doctors took off.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:15 PM   #370
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

It sucks. Was looking forward to new dragon age

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 03-30-2020, 02:00 AM   #371
MVP

OVR: 0

While I was very critical of this game a year ago, I have finally played the game this weekend via EA Access on PS4 Pro. I'm about 1/3rd through the story missions thus far and just opened up more of Fort Tarsis.

Being perfectly honest, im really enjoying the game a lot. Visuals may very well be the best I have seen this generation (my #1 is Horizon Zero Dawn) or at least tied for the best. The entire world is a pleasure to traverse. And the draw distance, my goodness. There's some pop-in which is expected but still, the game looks amazing.

Audio is solid all around. Music is here and there but it's good when it plays. Sound effects are good and the voice acting is well done.

Story and characters thus far haven't been memorable but at the very least, have been good and have kept me interested in continuing to play through the game.

The best aspect of the game though is the gameplay and combat. Holy crap!!! So damn fluid, smooth and responsive. Even with the sensitivity settings at 10, everything is so damn good. Flying around feels awesome once you get used to the controls. Shooting feels great and more enemies to shoot, the better.

With all of that said, there are some negatives. First and foremost is the extreme lack of loot. For a looter shooter, it's very disappointing especially coming off of The Division 2. Add in the fact that you can only equip weapons at Fort Tarsis and it becomes even more disappointing. And any loot you do get during gameplay, you don't even see what it is at all.

Played for about 8 hours today and must have had at least the same amount of disconnects including 2 times during an active mission. Thankfully, I only lost 30 seconds or so of progress when I went back into the game so it was more of an annoyance than anything.

Another negative is not being able to "free roam" unless you select it as an option instead of a mission when leaving Fort Tarsis and setting out on an expedition. Of course, while going on missions, I do traverse out of the path of the objectives and thus far, I haven't come across anything substantial so maybe, you have to do free roam? I'm pretty much just doing all the quests and contracts that I can do solo (private) and will just play through as much of the game as I can until I complete the story.

I will say that overall, Anthem is looking like an 8.0/10 or maybe even an 8.5/10 because it really hits on so many levels but the design decisions are bad and disappointing.

While hindsight is 20/20, EA definitely should have delayed this game a year regardless of what it was a year ago. Not only would the game have been easily better and probably more well received but with everything going on now and the February and March game delays, Anthem could have really made a massive impact. Oh well.

I know that they're supposed to improve the game with a massive update sometime later this year but if anything, I think they would be better off going straight to a next gen sequel and give BioWare as much time as they need because Anthem reminds me of games like Ryse or The Order, an amazing world with so much promise and potential only to be dragged down by horrible design decisions and in this case, upper management decisions.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »