Home

Monster Hunter World (PS4, XBOX1, Switch, PC)

This is a discussion on Monster Hunter World (PS4, XBOX1, Switch, PC) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2018, 10:06 AM   #57
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Monster Hunter World (PS4, XBOX1, Switch, PC)

Oh I know they scale up low rank, high rank, G rank after playing hours and hours of the old ones

Still doesn’t change the fact that many have said this one is easier. They say its blast though just a lot of things they added have made it probably the easiest Monster Hunter game by far

That being said just because it’s a easier MH game doesn’t mean it’s a game anyone could just stroll through. It will still be challenging for most ....

There is a stream of the full game happening today. Not sure if I’ll watch or have time to but if anyone else does here you go

Maximilian_DOOD, on Twitch, is being permitted to stream the full version of the game today (Jan24th) beginning around Noon-1pm PST. (West Coast, USA)

He said he is allowed to play anything up through the 4 star quests and he'll be playing 8-9 hours and doing as much as he can. If you don't mind early game spoilers stop by and check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2018, 04:22 AM   #58
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Some reviews:

Eurogamer - Essential

Quote:
Like Breath of the Wild, Monster Hunter World is a game that looks towards the west for inspiration, yet it's also one that western games could do well to learn from themselves. At a time when the likes of Bungie and EA are struggling to reward players for their investment in persistent online worlds, Capcom finds itself with something approaching the perfect formula. It's only getting on for over a decade old, but it's certainly never been any better than this.
IGN - 9.5

Quote:
Those coming in looking for an all-encompassing adventure story will find World a little lacking, too. The central plotline - of travelling to a new continent in the wake of a migrating Elder Dragon - is a neat one, and pleasantly naturalist in tone (well, as naturalist as you can be in a game about killing mythical creatures to make shoes), but it’s nothing more than a pretext for the near-endless hunts ahead.

But as far as opportunities for new experiences go, World just never seems to stop providing them – and I love that feeling. 50 hours in, it’s still regularly throwing crafting possibilities, monsters, even entirely new systems at me and expecting me to put time into learning how they can benefit my character. But no matter how much I or any other fan tries to convince you, there’s a chance that a game that requires this much management alongside its maiming simply won’t be for you.
Quote:
Whether or not it's the best, this is certainly the most audacious Monster Hunter game. World takes a dramatic leap into a look, feel, and size that feels truly new, simultaneously staying true to the series’ ideals by maintaining the addictive loop of combat, intimidating monsters and meaningful upgrades that fans love. The sheer depth and commitment required is still intense, but it clearly isn’t Capcom’s aim to court a casual crowd. This is as all-consuming and incredible a ride as ever.
Game Informer - 9.5

Quote:
The latest game in the Monster Hunter franchise brings the core elements that have made the franchise a cult classic – difficult battles, fun and interesting progression, and stomping on dinosaurs with your friends – and opens the door for a deluge of new players with a more accessible sheen. Make no mistake, hearty challenges are still at the center of the experience, so veterans won’t be disappointed with the colossal end game leviathans. In addition to serving up what fans expect from the franchise, newcomers also have a chance to dip their toes in before being shoved out into the ocean and can enjoy a slightly more accessible ramp.
The Telegraph - 5/5

Quote:
Much has been made of World’s play for the mainstream, with the game apparently streamlining and curtailing its more convoluted aspects. And while that is true to an extent, this is still a tough, complex and unashamedly eccentric adventure. The difference in Monster Hunter: World is that its on-ramp is a lot faster and smoother, the game explaining its intricacies with detailed tutorials and letting you get to the good stuff almost immediately.
Quote:
Some old habits die hard, of course, and new players should not go in expecting an easy path. Some aspects of the game are so absurdly detailed it can take patience to understand, the map icons can be arcane and tricky to follow, while even some of the language used in menus can be a little muddled.

The achievement of Monster Hunter: World, however, is that by the time these more archaic foibles become an issue you will already be in too deep. Any issues melt away as you leap whooping from your seat, punching the air after you slay a giant beast while on your last sliver of health. In Monster Hunter: World, those heart-pounding epiphanies happen with thrilling regularity.
US Gamer - 5/5

Quote:
I've been preaching to the world about Monster Hunter since falling in love with 2013's 3 Ultimate, but the series' initial learning curve has always proved too steep for many folks with a genuine interest. That curve still exists, but now, Monster Hunter gives players the tools they need to understand it—all while streamlining as much as possible for the most accommodating hunting experience yet.
ACG - Buy

Old 01-25-2018, 11:38 PM   #59
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

My goodness is the lip syncing some of the worst I’ve ever seen lol.....

Create my guy and such. But I think I’m about to crash until tomorrow after work I’ll be able to play all I want

Old 01-25-2018, 11:40 PM   #60
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Old 01-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #61
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Welp. I caved. It's downloading, now. Lol!
I ended up getting it as well. I got through 1 mission before work today and I enjoyed more than the beta. I am new to the series and I wasn't crazy about the beta but I enjoyed the little I played this morning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #62
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I ended up getting it as well. I got through 1 mission before work today and I enjoyed more than the beta. I am new to the series and I wasn't crazy about the beta but I enjoyed the little I played this morning.
I resisted the urge to start it up at 11 last night, because I knew I'd screw myself over and not go to bed. Lol!
#WeAreND
Old 01-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #63
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
My goodness is the lip syncing some of the worst I’ve ever seen lol.....

Create my guy and such. But I think I’m about to crash until tomorrow after work I’ll be able to play all I want

Use the Monster Hunter language and english subs. Makes way more sense for the game that way.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:39 AM   #64
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

This is my first Monster Hunter and I'm hooked. Going to be spending a lot of hours with this one.

All the weapons are fun to use, but my favorite has to be the Insect Glaive. The speed and mobility, and twirling through the air attacking looks so awesome. You can combo indefinitely on the ground without using any stamina and get on the back of monsters more easily than any other weapon.

Then the Kinsect mechanic is really interesting. You send a bug, that sits on your arm, out by aiming or attacking a part of a monster and it collects extract, you then call it back and get a buff for a period of time. You can have 3 buffs total. Specific parts of a monster will give you a certain color, and those increase your damage, speed, defense, healing, and even change attack animations and combo properties. Also, the Kinsect leaves behind a dust cloud on the targeted area, that when hit, creates an explosion.

Only complaints I have is some of the online stuff. Grouping with others is clunkier than it should be for a game that touts drop-in, drop-out multiplayer. Like, I don't understand the limitation of me and a friend not being able to play certain quests together because they have cutscenes we both haven't viewed yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »