Home

Battlefield V

This is a discussion on Battlefield V within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #561
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Battlefield V

Outpost is a fun game mode. I love building in this game. Just had a 15,000 point game where I went 4-3. Just ran around, built stuff, healed people, revives others.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2019, 04:19 PM   #562
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Started playing a bit on the PS4. Mainly doing Breakthrough and Grand Operations. It's alright? Fun enough for a cheap time waster, but there doesn't feel like there is much there outside of either purchasing fun bucks or unlocking uniform combinations.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 06-28-2019, 03:45 PM   #563
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

And this is why I will always love Battlefield.. Even though I cannot shoot for crap, I still finished top 10 just because I play objectives.

One level 50 guy went 12-2 and still finished two below my 4-9 performance lol. Nice to feel needed compared to TDM.
Was this Conquest? Only 3 people have over 10,000 points in there.. lol.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #564
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Any word on hardcore servers? I'd be playing this so much more often if they were finally in. I can't stand the bullet sponge.

― Plato
Old 07-14-2019, 10:31 PM   #565
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Any word on hardcore servers? I'd be playing this so much more often if they were finally in. I can't stand the bullet sponge.
I would absolutely hate hardcore in this game.

This game just isn't designed for that IMO. With the player models/visibility in this game and the tendency for people to just lay prone as it is, it would be a nightmare.

It's all ready prone-field/sniper-field V on a lot of maps. People can deploy a bipod while laying on their back in a pile of debris lmao.

Example of how people play this game.. just lay down.

I don't even think it's all that bullet spongy. Suomi, ZK, Tommy, STG, Lewis, MG42, Sturmgewehr 1-5, and a host of semi-autos all melt in this game. ZH, Selb are two shot from any range for scout and the boys AT is a one shot kill at most ranges. Some guns do take a lot to kill and it sucks, but generally speaking it's not a very bullet spongy game to me.

Last edited by AUChase; 07-14-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2019, 02:48 AM   #566
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Compared to games like Rising Storm 2 it is still pretty bullet sponge which is why I want hardcore. I've generally always played hardcore servers in BF games and have always preferred them over the vanilla experience. Yes, it can be annoying with how so many people spend all match prone with rifles that one hit kill, but the pros of the mode outweigh the cons like that for me. Give me Bad Company 2's hardcore mode in this game and I'll be happy. 1 shot head shots from any range, 1-2 shots for basically every gun to the chest. It was heaven.

― Plato
Old 07-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #567
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I know the TTK in this game is lower than past BF's, but this is what I am comparing it to.

I always felt the hardcore modes where the TTK was just like that were so intense and slower paced. I remember running with the G3 in Bad Company 2 hardcore servers and I would suppress it. That gun was an animal in those modes if you knew how to handle it's recoil. Easy iron sights to use, 1-2 taps on someone to kill them and their squad didn't even hear the shot.

― Plato
Old 07-17-2019, 01:10 AM   #568
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Compared to games like Rising Storm 2 it is still pretty bullet sponge which is why I want hardcore. I've generally always played hardcore servers in BF games and have always preferred them over the vanilla experience. Yes, it can be annoying with how so many people spend all match prone with rifles that one hit kill, but the pros of the mode outweigh the cons like that for me. Give me Bad Company 2's hardcore mode in this game and I'll be happy. 1 shot head shots from any range, 1-2 shots for basically every gun to the chest. It was heaven.
Quote:
I know the TTK in this game is lower than past BF's, but this is what I am comparing it to.

I always felt the hardcore modes where the TTK was just like that were so intense and slower paced. I remember running with the G3 in Bad Company 2 hardcore servers and I would suppress it. That gun was an animal in those modes if you knew how to handle it's recoil. Easy iron sights to use, 1-2 taps on someone to kill them and their squad didn't even hear the shot.
I'm with ya, man. I just can't get into BF anymore without hardcore, but it's been that way for me since before BF4.

And after playing a ton of the more realistic shooters: Rising Storm, Insurgency, Post Scriptum, Hell Let Loose - it drives it home even more for me.

I love the BF series, but it's gotten too arcady. If I want the bullet sponge I'll play Halo. Can't enjoy BF anymore the way it is and it's just a damn shame.

All of that said, I could definitely see myself getting back into V if they released private servers and/or HC.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »