Home

Fallout 76

This is a discussion on Fallout 76 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2020, 06:41 PM   #169
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Fallout 76

Would like to see some impressions on this now that this update basically made it like a true Fallout game.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:02 PM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Would like to see some impressions on this now that this update basically made it like a true Fallout game.
If you want a true Fallout game, play 1,2 or New Vegas.

Spin-offs from a different developer who has a clear lack of understanding of the tone and atmosphere of the classics, the Brotherhood of Steel, the Super Mutants, the reactivity/choices & consequences a proper FO game should have...not to mention Bethesda's absolute crap-tier writing and inability to deliver black humor the series is so well known for.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:38 AM   #171
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Super happy with the Wastelanders update. Played at launch with 2 buddies and we stopped shortly after.

Been back with the same 2 friends over the last couple weeks and we've been playing almost every night. Worth checking back into if you've been thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2020, 01:59 AM   #172
Rookie

Micrmay2113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraticus
If you want a true Fallout game, play 1,2 or New Vegas.

Spin-offs from a different developer who has a clear lack of understanding of the tone and atmosphere of the classics, the Brotherhood of Steel, the Super Mutants, the reactivity/choices & consequences a proper FO game should have...not to mention Bethesda's absolute crap-tier writing and inability to deliver black humor the series is so well known for.

This could be applied to The Elder Scrolls as well. While the series has been successful for them, they've taken a huge departure from what the series started out as with Arena and Daggerfall. Give Daggerfall a try with the Unity rebuild and you'll be shocked at what has been removed from the series over the years. Granted some of those may be due to technical limitations, but many others have been creative decisions. Oblivion will always be my favorite TES game for sentimental reasons, but I feel a fair bit of shame for not playing Daggerfall sooner than I did.

I pretty much no longer play any Bethesda Fallout game and stick to 1, 2 and New Vegas. New Vegas is one of my favorite games of all time, period.
Old 06-12-2021, 12:24 PM   #173
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

Fallout 76 is Ditching Its Battle Royale Mode
https://www.ign.com/articles/fallout...source=twitter

Old 09-03-2021, 01:53 PM   #174
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

3 years later and I'm finally playing this. It was on sale for $13, so I figured what the heck. It's not bad. I'm just getting started and there is a definite learning curve after putting soooo many hours into Fallout 4, but I think if I can stay away from other players and stuff, I'll enjoy it. Had a guy following me around, last night and I was like, "oh great," but he was just trying to give me some recipes and help me with getting started, so that was nice of him. I'm just not into multi-player games AT ALL. I'll keep at it, tho, because after all of the updates, it does kinda feel like a true Fallout game, now.
#WeAreND
Old 01-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #175
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

4 months since purchase and I'm still playing this for at least a little bit every day. The game is definitely fun and the community is cool. Wish they would release a new expansion for it, tho.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2023, 10:47 AM   #176
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Got snowed in for a few days and decided to download this game again and jump back in. I am loving it. The game is the best it has been, activity community. It took them sometime but it is finally something I really enjoy.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »