Home

Fallout 76

This is a discussion on Fallout 76 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2018, 11:03 PM   #161
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Fallout 76

Bethesda has been trending down for a bit now. Skyrim was a hit, but it showed the engine was too old at that point. It was a buggy mess. It just had so much content even before the DLC that a lot was forgiven. Fallout 4 came and Bethesda took another dip in reputation. It was another game that had a decent amount of content, not near as much as Skyrim. It was fun, but the quality of the engine showed that Bethesda really needed to make big changes to the engine they use. Instead of anything major we've gotten 42 re-releases of Skyrim and Fallout 76 which has been a flop and a PR disaster.

I don't know if crummy is the word I'd use, but Bethesda has a damaged reputation anymore. Their bugs are not being forgiven anymore. They were given too many chances to increase the quality of their games and failed. No amount of content can save the engine anymore. Their handling of F76 has been a mess from the beginning. They were never clear on what exactly the game would be like and it seems obvious as to why now. It's been a flop that really lacks any substance after the initial honeymoon period. The way they handled the bag situation is Marketing 101 on what not to do with your loyal customers.

They aren't in a place yet where they are seen as a terrible company, but if their next couple of major releases are all consistently filled with a lot of legacy issues that the engine brings with it then they are quickly going to lose their base and crummy will be a fitting word.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 0

I know people love to blame Todd, call him a bs artist ect...going all the way back to Oblivion (I'm sure we've all seen the tell me lies vids) but in reality Todd is just a squeaky-voiced midget beholden to his corporate overlords. He's guilty only of the same foolishness the rest of his team indulges in: outlandish gushing about cool-sounding features that they imagine can be implemented in their games, but then it turns out they can't be (or are implemented in a much more limited and disappointing fashion, like Radiant AI), because as developers they're too incompetent to bring their ideas from the drawing board to people's computer screens. I genuinely believe they don't mean to deceive people.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:31 PM   #163
MVP

ricky24's Arena

https://twitter.com/bethesdasupport/...072182272?s=21

Rough few weeks
Old 12-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #164
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

Started this today and played for a few hours....I'm actually enjoying it. Haven't had any connection problems and seen few bugs, surprised me.

Was just wandering around, came across this church in a cemetary...the name escapes me.

Well it was filled with skeletons and a bunch of weird stuff lol...it was basically a cult.

Creepy as hell.

Ready to put more hours in...
Old 12-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #165
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Im actually enjoying this game to. Thought I'd add myself to the short list of folks enjoying the game. What this game made me realize is that I really didn't care much for the bland dry, Bethesda NPCs and enjoy doing exploration and simply running from quest to quest without the cheesy dialog. I can definitely see why ppl are upset for the false advertising. Its basically a striped down fallout game minus the NPCs and quest givers. Only time will tell if I get bored but so far, played with a friend and had a bit of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2020, 05:25 PM   #166
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Anyone still playing this? I just bought it last week and after a 3 hour update I’ve been playing it. Not as bad as I thought but def easy to wander it to high level areas. I’m on Xbox and currently a level 8.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 02-24-2020, 05:10 PM   #167
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
What this game made me realize is that I really didn't care much for the bland dry, Bethesda NPCs
Turns out ppl can only stomach Bethesda’s awful gameplay if it’s wrapped in at least a thin veneer of player driven narrative. You strip out human characters, towns, and a plot and even their fans start to notice they’re playing a crappy game. As bad as Bethesda’s stories and characters may be, that's what sustains the illusion of awesomeness for these people. Instead they got a limited multiplayer experience that brings very little to the table.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:40 AM   #168
MVP

OVR: 3

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/arti...-april-14-2020.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »