Home

The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan

This is a discussion on The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2018, 01:36 AM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan

From the creators of Until Dawn

This look GOOD, can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 05:16 AM   #2
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan

So, so happy they're going multiplatform and this is coming to PC. Hope it's as good as Until Dawn.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 08-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
So, so happy they're going multiplatform and this is coming to PC. Hope it's as good as Until Dawn.
strike 1 no Hayden Panettiere
Old 10-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Some new interesting info regarding the anthologies that Supermassive and Bandai Namco Entertainment is putting together.

Quote:
As the name suggests, The Dark Pictures Anthology isn't a game, but rather a new interactive horror series -- think Tales of the Crypt or The Twilight Zone. Each game within the anthology will be set in the same universe, but entirely self-contained, the intention being that you could play the stories in any order you choose. Supermassive has committed to making four games so far, with three of them actively in development. The first title is Man of Medan, which will be released some time in 2019, and after that the intention is to release a new game every six months.

One way Man of Medan will deviate from its predecessor is in length. Until Dawn took around nine or ten hours to play through, which felt just about right. Man of Medan, and subsequent games in the series, are going to be closer to five hours long. In video game terms, if Until Dawn felt like watching a slasher movie, The Dark Pictures Anthology is going to play out more like an episode of a TV show. Personally, I'm very much into the idea of a game that I can play through in a single night. There's replay value as well, as Supermassive says there is more story branching in Man of Medan than Until Dawn.

Supermassive has identified dozens of distinct "horror subgenres" (39, to be precise) that it wants to tackle with the The Dark Pictures Anthology. It's only committed to making four games so far, but if it goes well, there's no reason the series couldn't run for years, or even decades.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/24/...logy-hands-on/
Old 10-17-2018, 08:49 PM   #5
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I like the ideal of a shorter 5 hour game that you can replay hopefully it’s quality over quantity. Have they said a $ point ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
MVP

Picci's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I like the ideal of a shorter 5 hour game that you can replay hopefully it’s quality over quantity. Have they said a $ point ?
There's no price point mentioned at the moment. Correct me if I'm wrong but did Hidden Agenda launch at $30? And that was around a 5 hour game.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #7
MVP

Picci's Arena

Something's Coming Tuesday
Old 05-22-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
MVP

Picci's Arena

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan will launch on 30th August, 2019 both boxed and digital editions for PS4, Xbox One and PC Digital.

Man of Medan is also available to pre-order from today at participating retailers - with players that do, will gain exclusive Day 1 access to the Curator’s Cut - an alternative path seen from a new perspective.

Unlocked after completing the game once, the Curator’s Cut (which will be made available for free to all players at a later date) provides:

• A new perspective with alternative characters in previously played scenes

• New decisions and choices within each scene which change the story in different ways

• New scenes and new secrets not featured in your original play-through

• “The Curator’s Cut is different to the traditional Director’s Cut as it gives the player new ways to directly influence the story and its outcomes. Players will see and change events and relationships from the perspective of characters that weren’t under control in their first play-through.” said Pete Samuels: Executive Producer, The Dark Pictures Anthology, Supermassive Games.

https://worthplaying.com/article/2019/5/21/news/114388/

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »