Home

Escape from Tarkov

This is a discussion on Escape from Tarkov within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Escape from Tarkov

My best advice would be to expect to die a lot at the start. Know that the ammo you choose is more important than the gun you choose. An M4 all kitted out can look mean, but poor quality ammo will make it a nerf gun while a little MP7 with the right 9mm round can tear any armor apart. Don't sprint unless it's a have to situation or you absolutely know it is clear. And do not develop gear fear. If you are afraid to use any item then you don't really own the item and it's a waste of space.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2019, 12:53 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

We had a couple epic runs tonight.

Raid 1: We hit customs with the goal of hitting dorms room 220. We had a good spawn and were only a couple hundred yards from dorms so we made the decision to push hard and fast to lock it down. We came right up from first floor, took the stairwell and pushed for second. Right as I make the corner who do I see.....Reshala all by his lonesome. I catch him with 2 rounds which put him down. We then knew, **** was about to get real!!

His guards pushed with force, (2) had gen 6B43 Gen armor (Level 6 - highest armor in game) and were tanking rounds as they pushed. It took roughly 6 total mags between the two of us to down all 4 but sadly my buddy was killed in the exchange. I took the gold TT, ran to room 220, grabbed the mission items and high tailed it out. I was in the process of moving to junk bridge when I was engaged from (2) players on the bridge. I managed to put 1 down (thank you BS ammo!), but the second had solid position and I was stuck behind a rock. I chose to risk it and run the opposite way, risky exposing my back but only chance I had. I was pinned hard with no way to fight from cover. Off I took, weaving as he took shots, to bad for him, I was gone in a flash. The rest of the way on, I reenacted Splinter Cell, sneaking my way to a nice extraction with a huge gear haul.

Raid 2: Customs was our drop point in hopes of completing a mission to hit Red Warehouse for a box of graphic cards. This one went a lot easier, both me and my buddy each killed lone players from nice safe distances. We stormed Red Warehouse, bodied every scavs we crossed and extracted for 2 missions down back to back!

Raid 3: Interchange was on the menu and boy am I sad, I missed recording any of the action because it was so intense, for such a long time (Easy 30 min) there was no time to hit record.

We get pinned in a defensive position right as we came up the main escalators of IDEA. 10+ scavs charge us but we manage to slowly chip them down BUT we knew it was only a matter of time before the players show up. It did not take long, 2 min after the last scav was put down, I take a round to the helmet........REENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN is all I hear from the deafening high pitch ringing in my ears. I could barely make out the muffled gun shot sounds....but at this point it didn't matter, my helmet saved my life with a precious deflection.

I manage to recover, locate our targets, a 2 man squad in poor position coming out the main doors of mall. My buddy slumps one as the second breaks out full sprint to flank. It was not a smart move, a few rounds later he was sleeping on the floor too!

At this point, we have been locked down behind the same cover, mags running low. It was time to pack mags, heal our wounds, and prepare for the next fight.

A few minutes later the scavs hit us hard again but this time, another 2 man player team starts laying fire on us from the registers of IDEA. We are locked down very hard in a defensive position we can't retreat from but we have solid hard cover and they are having to deal with scavs just as much as us. Suddenly my buddy hollers, "ONE IS PUSHING"!!! Right as I peak, I see him dive behind a planter box 15 feet in front me. I roll an F1 grenade PERFECTLY on top him for an easy kill. Now the issue, because of where he was, I wasn't certain it killed him but I was thinking "it had too..right?". Regardless I had to confirm the kill, I sprint from behind cover, see he is dead and immediately take fire from his buddy. I launch another grenade into IDEA registers and get into an intense full auto CQB fight as the grenade goes off behind him. Fragments are pinging off every surface, guns are rattling, and at this moment.........I KNEW I ****** UP!!! I had no hard cover and he was littered with weird debris in front of him. I landed a lot of shots but he connected with the fatal shot....my eyes were still open as I slumped near his feet.

My buddy managed to kill him & one more player, but unfortunately he took a sniper round when trying to leave our Black Hawk Down style defensive position.

I didn't even care about losing my gear, the fights were so intense!! We decided to called it a night, our hearts were racing, hands shaking, but we'll be back in the dirty streets of Tarkov tomorrow!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Escape-From-Tarkov-Screenshots-2.jpg (229.7 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by Phobia; 12-31-2019 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:28 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Nice, I've been having really good raids still. I'm up to about 3.5m roubles. Two nights ago we ran a 3 man scav team into interchange. I was the lone one to survive at the end and I was also able to find where some PMC had tried to stash his AVS, Sordins, nice helmet, SVDS, pistol, backpack. It was decently hidden in the back of a store, but there were jackets back there to search so I found it that way. Poor guy probably thought he'd get it all back, but nope, I extracted with every piece of his gear that was there. I even killed two player scavs with his SVDS.

― Plato
Old 01-01-2020, 12:32 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Some of my new builds. I've been on an M4A1/ADAR kick lately, but I recently fell in love with the short barrel SA-58. It's such a powerhouse of 1 tap death with M61 rounds.

1) First up, a do it all ADAR. A mid range 2.5x scope, fastfire reflex sight if things get real personal. Good ergo and very low recoil.

2) Next up is a full auto laser M4A1, with extremely low recoil and nice view picture short range sight. I like this one on Interchange

3) Next, a pure CQB M4A1. Ergo monster with very low recoil. This one never leaves full auto lol

4) All around M4A1 build. A short 370mm barrel build but crossed with a more mid range feel. This is a Custom map build for me, built to handle the cramped spaces of dorm with the short profile but featuring enough range once outside.

Last edited by Phobia; 01-01-2020 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:40 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

1) Yup, another M4A1 build lol. Featuring the short 370mm. I didn't focus on recoil control much here but went pure ergo. The sight up time on this is lighting fast.

2) This has been my baby lately, with 4 or 5 PMC kills so far. It's only single shot, but features the short barrel, reflex sight on top when it gets close, and 4x when it's sitting comfortably in it's zone. Cross this and I get a shot at you, highly unlikely you walk away even with Gen 5 armor.

3) One of my three TX-15's. They are all similar builds. It's a solid weapon, I'm just not a fan of the length. Open space maps it does pretty decent.

4) One of my newer slient MPX submachine guns. Extremely low recoil and good range. Only con, it dumps money (ammo) like it's no ones business. It costs high dollar to run premium 9x19 ammo. A 30 rd mag is out in one small burst.

Last edited by Phobia; 01-01-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I ran the FLIR on Shoreline last night. That scope is ridiculous lol. There were 4 of us, 2 of us had the scopes. We were a squad moving through the map. We didn't go to the resort as we were doing other quests. We did run into a few players and none of them made it, all of us did. I shot one round all match, got a kill from 300+ meters away thanks to the scope. The poor guy probably never even heard me fire the shot since I was suppressed. He most likely heard the thud and his screen went black. My friend near him that was pushing didn't even hear the shot, only the bullet whiz by and the thud of the hit. The guy had no clue I was there, our buddy with the mosin was the only one who had shot or showed themself to him, he was peeking based off where he was and opened himself up to a clean shot for me and I took it and he dropped.

― Plato
Old 01-02-2020, 06:42 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 2

Thanks for the lesson phobia, that was great and I've seen some improvement in my survivability as a SCAV.

I stumbled on something earlier that I had no clue about that I think will definitely improve my survivability. That's I didn't realize that as a SCAV that the AI Scavs will not shoot you unless provoked.... Here I was this whole time shooting everything from the jump regardless if I was a Scav or not.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2020, 09:12 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Scav bosses will shoot you and his guards will as well if you don't keep your distance from them. Also, if a player scav shoots at you, but does not hit you, but you shoot back and hit him first, then the other AI scavs will be aggro'd towards you. However, if he damaged you first before you shot him, then you will be okay and they won't attack you on sight.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »