Home

Suicide Squad Game

This is a discussion on Suicide Squad Game within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-09-2024, 01:07 PM   #73
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Suicide Squad Game

Gotta be one of the worst moves from a video game company maybe ever right ? They had a series loved by all even the ****** crowd like me. Then they took a decade to make a game that nobody wanted and lost a fortune.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:20 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Gotta be one of the worst moves from a video game company maybe ever right ? They had a series loved by all even the ****** crowd like me. Then they took a decade to make a game that nobody wanted and lost a fortune.
It just felt like it was a decision made by higher ups/Warners Bros to try to get a piece of the Live Service pie with games like Suicide Squad and Gotham Knights. I'm not a live service fan. But there's a place for it. It's just not for every gen. I just think the focus has become "how can we monetize this game as much as we can after launch" . I get how much cost of development has risen over the past decade plus. But, it shouldn't come at the expense of game quality
Old 05-09-2024, 04:50 PM   #75
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Both Rocksteady founders left in 2022 during development. That was a big sign things were not looking good. A big problem is all the execs like Zaslav don't play games and see Fortnite's success want to chase that thinking every game needs to be a live service.

I'm really disappointed this is how it ends for the Arkham series. They had so much potential. A lot of people wanted a Batman Beyond game, a game with The Flash or a Superman game in the Arkhamverse me I wanted a Green Arrow game. They had an opportunity to give us individual games with a hero and later have them all team up. I wanted the Justice league but not what we got with Suicide Squad. Just a normal game about the justice league fighting a villain or a huge threat is that so hard?

Last edited by zello144; 05-09-2024 at 04:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2024, 12:12 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...LbwqaSoNNzKNzM

What went wrong with Suicide Squad article

I definitely think Rocksteady should go back to their roots with Single Player Games. I still wouldn't mind a Re-Remaster of the Arkham Trilogy or at least a current gen patch that increases FrameRate
Old 06-07-2024, 12:40 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...LbwqaSoNNzKNzM

What went wrong with Suicide Squad article

I definitely think Rocksteady should go back to their roots with Single Player Games. I still wouldn't mind a Re-Remaster of the Arkham Trilogy or at least a current gen patch that increases FrameRate
Yea, I really couldn't believe they went that route. Very odd. They had game of the year winning formula in the palm of their hands with the addition of current generation console power, it was a no brainer.
Old 06-07-2024, 01:00 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Yea, I really couldn't believe they went that route. Very odd. They had game of the year winning formula in the palm of their hands with the addition of current generation console power, it was a no brainer.
Just feels like a situation where higher ups seeing the success of live service looter shooter and thinking "We have a well-reknowned studio and a recognizable IP, so that should be an easy success going the live service route". It's just a lot of copy catting going around. I get wanting to go away Batman, but when you have the "formula" down pact, I just don't get taking a complete left.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »