Home

***The Official OOTP Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official OOTP Thread*** within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #985
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: ***The Official OOTP Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I am playing GM only, but Kurt Suzuki emailed me saying he expects to start more. Is there anything I can do via communication with Snitker to talk about that? Or is it just an email of him in the early stages of displaying a little dissatisfaction?

It's the early stages and good question. I don't think there is a way to communicate with the manager. They should put it in - GM/Manager interactions. Much as I love things like managers having their own personalities and can be dogmatic about it, there's missed opportunities for interactions and further fleshing it out.

Only other thing you could do is somehow remove the guy the manager likes more (demote, trade), and go that route.

Otherwise, the player will have to suck it up. It's not necessarily a death blow to contract talks, especially if his other morale ratings are decent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #986
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Figured that was what it is. His morale is still good because the team is winning and he's started nearly 60 games and played in many more. I was just making sure there wasn't some feature I had been ignorant on with regards to communicating with the Manager.

― Plato
Old 07-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #987
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
So with it being 19.99 I bit the bullet and bought it. Decided to monkey around with expansion, and sadly it seems that my a level teams are both A- and in the same league, and division, any way to fix this or should I just... try again?

I'm in the Challenge mode if that lessens my options.
You can move any team into any level/league by using the LEAGUE SETTINGS --> LEAGUE & TEAMS --> EDIT LEAGUE STRUCTURE button. I do this so my expansion franchise has all the proper levels. You would need to do any editing in the preseason/offseason.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:56 PM   #988

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
You can move any team into any level/league by using the LEAGUE SETTINGS --> LEAGUE & TEAMS --> EDIT LEAGUE STRUCTURE button. I do this so my expansion franchise has all the proper levels. You would need to do any editing in the preseason/offseason.
Yeah, I sadly found out the hard way that Challenge mode disables this ability. Thank you though!
Old 07-04-2018, 05:21 AM   #989

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Ah the struggles of not being a big market team.

29 year Cuban free agent with amazing stats, of course he asks for a 10 year 100 million + contract.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:05 PM   #990
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Just read the news about the new OOTP Perfect Team that they're working on. And it chilled my blood cold. Sounds like a replica of MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty. They can give all the assurances in the world there will be a barrier between the traditional game and the Perfect Team, but I think we've seen how this plays out before...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=290863
Old 07-04-2018, 06:09 PM   #991
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Some good stuff in the patch from 2 days ago...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=290862

One thing I noticed right away is the color on the postgame WPA graphs. No more same color font/background making some parts unreadable. Nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 09:02 PM   #992
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't mind the idea of Perfect Team and I feel confident this team will not let it ruin the main OOTP experience. I have always liked the concept of Ultimate Team/Perfect Team/ Diamond Dynasty modes, but what has always put me off in those modes in games like Madden or NHL is just the way people play online, not the modes themselves. Putting together a team of greats sounds amazing to me. Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron on my team together with Roger Clemens is making my mouth water, but playing the kids online that populate games these days turns me away from those modes quick.

I will be interested to see how OOTP does it, but I won't lie, those modes excite me more when it is a style of game I play the on field action. Making a perfect team in a text sim doesn't have the same appeal to me.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »