Home

***The Official OOTP Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official OOTP Thread*** within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #401
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: ***The Official OOTP Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsublime
just got his as well

one major beef though, the potential for some of the DBacks is way off

Goldschmidt is only 3 star, Archie Bradley is only 2 star, these both should be 5 star potential players

how do i edit that?
maybe some ratings are way off but I think generally that those aren't the actual potential ratings but what your scout estimates. depending on what the scouting accuracy is set to those can be a bit off sometimes, even on normal.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #402
Rookie

OVR: 5

Pretty intrigued by this but got a few questions first.

If I downloaded the All-in-one mod, would the historical rosters have the correct players? And I'm not just talking about the stars like the Barry Bonds and the Ken Griffey's, I mean like the whole 40 man roster? Also as you go along do the real players appear? So if I started a roster in 1980 with the Mariners would A-Rod, Randy Johnson and Ichiro etc. appear as I progress through the years?

I love the statistical side of baseball, how accurate are the stats on this game? Also is there anyway of downloading a roster for this upcoming season? I'm a Mets fan and would love to do a season with Granderson and Colon now on the Mets.

Finally, it's £13.99 (i'm in the UK, that's about $23) on the app store. Is that a worthwhile investment? Or should I wait for OOTP '15.

Thanks for any help guys.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #403
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed21

If I downloaded the All-in-one mod, would the historical rosters have the correct players? And I'm not just talking about the stars like the Barry Bonds and the Ken Griffey's, I mean like the whole 40 man roster? Also as you go along do the real players appear? So if I started a roster in 1980 with the Mariners would A-Rod, Randy Johnson and Ichiro etc. appear as I progress through the years?

I love the statistical side of baseball, how accurate are the stats on this game? Also is there anyway of downloading a roster for this upcoming season? I'm a Mets fan and would love to do a season with Granderson and Colon now on the Mets.

Finally, it's £13.99 (i'm in the UK, that's about $23) on the app store. Is that a worthwhile investment? Or should I wait for OOTP '15.

Can't help you on your first 2 questions since I just got recently into playing OOTP myself but I would definitely recommend you to get the game for this price, OOTP 14 is a great game and you'll get plenty in return. And wait till the all-star break until you get OOTP 15, when there is some discount on the original price.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 12-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #404
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed21

Yes. Real players will appear as they come along. There is also real-time mods for logos, uniforms, and caps for every year (1901-Present).

I've also helped out putting together the NCAA mod.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #405
Rookie

I have an older desktop Dell With Windows XP.. Would the newer OOTP games work on it???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #406
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by K33057
I have an older desktop Dell With Windows XP.. Would the newer OOTP games work on it???
It all depends on your processor.

I was running the newest iteration on a machine with XP. But it was actually a machine that I bought during the Vista era, so it might be a little faster than what you have.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:11 AM   #407
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by K33057
I still have a 3.2 ghz P4 sitting around that I run OOTP 14 on occasionally. It's not great for huge leagues, but runs perfectly well on smaller ones.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #408
Rookie

Thanks.. Its a Pent:4 2.66 GZ 2 gig ram.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »